shape
carat
color
clarity

Should you even BOTHER posting on SMTR until you have pics in hand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
No pics-no SMTR thread. People go over there to drool over the bling. Some of the stories people share there are really sweet, but come on-we wanna see the bling!
9.gif
I don''t mind posters sharing the story behind the jewelry posted there, but if there are no pics, I just don''t read them. In fact, I have like 3-4 new items but I haven''t started a thread because I have no pics yet. That makes me either a very good PSer for not teasing my fellow PS members with threads without pics or a very bad one for taking so long to do a photoshoot.
3.gif

Oh, and CADs are fine, I like to see the development of a project as long as there''s something to be seen and not just being described.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:11:45 PM
Author: onedrop
TG: I am glad you started this topic, because I sometimes I find it a tad annoying when there are posts in SMTR with no pics. Somehow I thought I was the only one *bothered* by this. Disclaimer here: I am not referring to anyone in particular, but that just really seems to be attention seeking to tease me with ''3 carat cushion in a Mark Morell (or Leon, WF, etc.) setting'' and then.....no pics! I hate to be teased!

Onedrop: I am in love with the set in your avatar! Gorgeous!

I get mad too when there are no pics in SMTR. I''m not engaged yet! SMTR is my daily fix, and is the only thing keeping me from attacking my SO for my very own e-ring. For the love of all that is holy, don''t tease!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 1:14:23 AM
Author: Mara

Date: 4/13/2009 7:00:13 PM
Author: musey

3.gif

As long as there are pics at all, I don''t get annoyed. I do get annoyed at the threads with a perfectly descriptive title like ''Leon pave split shank halo'' that I click on expecting to see pictures of a Leon pave split shank halo... but all I see is a post saying ''We just ordered one!''

I have to admit those threads make me go
33.gif
I know that they''re excited, but I have to say sharing that on SMTR makes me confused.

OMG can you imagine clicking on a subject that said ''5c WF stunner in here!!!!!'' and have it be ''we just ordered it''???
23.gif
Now THAT would be torture. For ME anyway.

re: descriptive titles, that is why I like them, for ease of searching later. Half the time I can''t remember what belongs to who and if I remember one or two descriptors in the title then it helps me find the thread...PS has sooooo many.
That''s bad, but what I find worse, and really irritating (about the only thing besides blurry camera pics), is a title like this:

Leon Mege 4 carat cushion with pink diamond halo!!!! And you open it up to, "I would die to have this ring. I drool over it daily".
blankstare012.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:00:35 AM
Author: Feralpenchant

Date: 4/13/2009 4:11:45 PM
Author: onedrop
TG: I am glad you started this topic, because I sometimes I find it a tad annoying when there are posts in SMTR with no pics. Somehow I thought I was the only one *bothered* by this. Disclaimer here: I am not referring to anyone in particular, but that just really seems to be attention seeking to tease me with '3 carat cushion in a Mark Morell (or Leon, WF, etc.) setting' and then.....no pics! I hate to be teased!

Onedrop: I am in love with the set in your avatar! Gorgeous!

I get mad too when there are no pics in SMTR. I'm not engaged yet! SMTR is my daily fix, and is the only thing keeping me from attacking my SO for my very own e-ring. For the love of all that is holy, don't tease!
feralcat(very interesting user name...LOL): Thanks for the compliment!! I guess I should at some point start a thread in SMTR, but I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of this set yet. If I ever get good pics I'll make sure to start a thread with a descriptive title and make to leave out all the teaser shots of the FedEx/Tiffany boxes!
2.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I agree with many comments here but really dislike ''nanny'' threads like this; not that I blame you for starting it TGal.

I feel that threads which go towards forum rules or etiquette should be designed by the Mods - not us mere mortals. I imagine if they have issues with threads started in the wrong forum they will move them - as they have done in the past.

That said SMTR, of late, is one of the last forums I visit and often avoid altogether because it is too boring to open up all the ''chatting'' threads (I’m on dial up internet). It isn''t called Show Me the Ring for nothing
28.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
feralpenchant: I am so sorry I had your username completely wrong! I haven''t had my cup of joe yet.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
No! I like CADs in SMTR... but it''s great when the ''real thing'' is part of the same thread. I love seeing all the history, the background...and the finish with the HANDSHOTS< PLEASE!!!
3.gif

And I quite like a box shot or two (or three).. it builds antici....pation!!!
Nothing beats the excitement of opening a jewellery delivery, and I love being let into the excitement!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think SMTR should be limited to showing pictures of rings. If you need to see examples for a brains storm that''s a good place to collect them...but if we''re talking CADs, or whatever I think RT would be more appropriate.

I also don''t care about the "box" shot...I just want to see the ring.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I do get disappointed when I open up a thread expecting photos and see none.

But I'm going to go against the grain and say that I like the CAD shots and maybe a box or two shot as well. I like seeing the whole process put together - from the beginning concept, the excitement of the delivery, then the ring itself, and a final product on the hand/wherever it belongs. I think it all goes together well!

ETA: I do, however, expect the various ring shots and hand shots to greatly outnumber the other miscellaneous photos!
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:27:47 AM
Author: Steel

I agree with many comments here but really dislike 'nanny' threads like this; not that I blame you for starting it TGal.

I feel that threads which go towards forum rules or etiquette should be designed by the Mods - not us mere mortals. I imagine if they have issues with threads started in the wrong forum they will move them - as they have done in the past.

That said SMTR, of late, is one of the last forums I visit and often avoid altogether because it is too boring to open up all the 'chatting' threads (I’m on dial up internet). It isn't called Show Me the Ring for nothing
28.gif
I do slightly agree. It just borders on making people feel bad if they've recently done whatever the subject is about. But this thead has held its own well so far and I don't think has insulted anyone, so in a way it's good because it helps for threads in the future. I just think we need to be careful not to rant about things that can insult or come across as rude about people's posts (not that this one does that though). But it is an open forum, after all, so I guess threads like this are ok in my book. Especially this one - the original subject certainly warrants it - who wants a Show Me thread without photos?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t mind when there are other jewellery items posted on SMTR. I love looking at the earrings, necklaces etc on it too.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:49:28 PM
Author: bee*
I don''t mind when there are other jewellery items posted on SMTR. I love looking at the earrings, necklaces etc on it too.
That''s good to know. I got a necklace I really loved for V-day, but I ended up posting it in "jewelry pieces" because it wasn''t a ring. I like icekid''s idea to change the title to "Show Me The Bling."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results