shape
carat
color
clarity

Should women over 50 keep their hair short?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the woman (face shape, etc.) but I say if you want to try it longer go for it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think women of any age can do what they want with their hair.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am so rethinking my whole hair thing and have decided to let it grow out even though I have to endure that growing out stage that has always steered me to go back to it short. Maybe now that the cold weather is coming I can endure it with hats to cover up that akward length stage which is neither here nor there. Or as my friens tells me I can buy a wig until my hair is the length I want it to be. Oh well, at least it grows fast.

SDL, I was thinking...why don''t you get a blond wig instead of dying your hair blonde and your DH can have 2 gorgeous hotties...one blonde and one brunette.
31.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends a lot on the texture of your hair. Sometimes gray hair gets really coarse and wirey which
tends to not look good long (IMO). I dont like long wirey non-gray hair either though. When my gray
hair started coming in I noticed it has more texture than my otherwise very fine hair. It still looks good
long (well shoulder length) because it is still somewhat fine but I have seen gray hair on others that is
very wirey and bushy when long.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
People over 50 should do whatever they darn well please!

Well. Maybe not midriff shirts and low slung jeans. Although Dyan Cannon was still rocking that look about a decade ago. . .

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually love longer hair on older women. My Mom has long hair and I think it makes her look youthful and more ''spritely''...! I think that women just tend to go for shorter as they get older, but there is something very soft and romantic about longer hair on any age woman.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Women should wear their hair at whatever length they want regardless of age! I don''t believe is age rules for hair length. I''m 40 and have very long hair and it suits me. I can''t imagine cutting it just becuase I turn 50!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have hair down to my shoulder blades and I''m almost 56. My mother is 83 and her hair is shoulder length.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My friends mom is 80 and her mom has the most beautiful silver shoulder length hair. It looks so elegant on her.

I think the old rules are gone. And I''m glad! If I cut my hair its going to be because I want a change, not because my age tells me I have to do it!

justme1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 5:22:12 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
10.gif
and after the cut..
35.gif
Hi SDL - Looking FAB as always! LOVE this cut & color on you!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, if you wanna attract the 40 and under crowd of men.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love when I see older women with longer hair!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It''s up to each woman to decide what makes her feel most beautiful. That said, I would stick with shoulder-length and up.

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Wow SanDiegoLady you look hawt! That is a great haircut for you. I think the answer to the question is in this photo, as long as the haircut suits the person I don''t think their age matters.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I am 39 and have beem wearing my hair short for.... hmmmm 25 years now?
I love it. But I remember one time, I was growing it out and my husband begged me to please cut my hair back to short.... It literally takes me 5 mins to do my hair!

mEEEE!.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m 61. It''s hard to see in this picture, but my hair is almost down to my waist.

etro.JPG

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 7:44:00 AM
Author: Amethyste
I love it. But I remember one time, I was growing it out and my husband begged me to please cut my hair back to short.... It literally takes me 5 mins to do my hair!
Amethyste, you''re beautiful and you can certainly wear you''re hair this length. It suites you very well. While I like the sassy look for me, I''ve noticed lately in photos that my face is looking a bit more longer and the short hair just seems to emphasize it. It worked well for me 10 years ago, but not anymore. Though I like the 10 minutes it takes me to style my hair, I think maybe just a little more length and fullness around my face is needed.

I would just like to find a hairstyle website that focuses on women 40+ so I can see how their hair looks. Many of my friends have either cut their hair short or have not updated their style from 30yrs ago (my sister included...she''s going to kill me for saying this!). Maybe that is what is scaring me into growing it longer, that I am living in a time warp.

cara

Ideal_Rock
SD, you rock that cut. The brown looked a bit more striking, but the blond gives this young/breezy look that is so so-cal appropriate!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
My mom is in her 50s and I just love how she has her hair to her shoulders, I dont see myself cutting my hair short even in my 80s
31.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 6:00:12 PM
Well... here''s my new hair..
9.gif
Hubby loves it.

I would have said I liked it darker, before I saw this. Looks fantastic!

You could wear this cut and colour for the rest of your life and still look elegant and stylish, it''s so classic.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Hubby loves it.
I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!
30.gif

You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Hubby loves it.
Gorgeous.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:08:04 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
yes, if you wanna attract the 40 and under crowd of men.
Why? Are you saying that only men under 40 are attracted to long or longish hair?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 7:44:00 AM
Author: Amethyste
You are beautiful. The hair totally suits you :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Hubby loves it.
Love it. :)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
SDL, wow you carry off both colors extremely well. I like both but the blonde is defintely sexy! Hope your DH is enjoying the new you!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
If you think it''s more flattering, then grow it out. I generally think that most women look better with longer hair (below chin length at least, but I like shoulder length).

In fact, I see a lot of women past 50 do that short hair cut because they think it''s age appropriate, but I think that it frequently ages women - my mom jokes that it''s the "menopause haircut."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results