shape
carat
color
clarity

should thickness of e-ring and wedding band be similar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
Is there a general guideline about the thickness of the e-ring band vs. the thickness of the wedding band (on a female)? Are they supposed to be similar?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Eh. It all depends on what you prefer.

My engagement ring is 2.5mm on the bottom, tapering to 2mm on the top. My wedding band will be 3mm. The reason I chose a 3mm wedding band is because I want it to feel more substantial when I wear it alone. It isn't a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless.

I've seen some PSers with thin e-ring settings, large w-bands and vice versa. I love that look. I've never been into matchy-matchy, though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it''s totally a matter a preference. I''ve seen wide e-ring with thin bands, thin e-rings with wide bands, and matching sets that are the same width.

BDJ

Rough_Rock
I was confused about that too. My fiance proposed with a 2mm wedding band so that we could pick the engagement ring together. I am having it custom made, and the designer suggested that the engagement ring be a little bit wider (not much, it is only going to be 2.5mm). I think that his thinking is that the wedding band''s thickness should not overpower the engagement ring. But with a 2mm wedding band, really the only way to go is thicker on the engagement ring.

I think that it completely depends on what the rings look like, and what you like...

You will probably get better feedback if you post pictures of the engagement setting.

Congratulations!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are both the same width bc my jeweler said it would look more uniform and flow better. I think I would have prefered my w band to have been thinner, actualyy... but it is all preference!

sarafina

Rough_Rock
i personally like it when they don''t match, espeically if the WB is a plain band.

(and LOVE your avatar -- go blue!!)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
there''s no answer to this... I kinda like when they''re the same but I''ve seen very wide e-rings with thin narrow bands and very thin e-rings with wide metal bands... the answer is - what do you prefer?

niku414

Rough_Rock
I agree with all the previous poster..it is a personal preference :) Having said that : i am assuming that you tried a similiar 2.5mm band (the width of your custom e-ring) on top of the wedding band to see how it looks -- I''m one of those visual person, I have to see it to determine whether the size differences really makes a differences. Another thing is it depends on how you want the ering + w-band to look on your fingers --for me I do not want my total width of the ring to look like it is covering my finger...so...I am having both my e-ring and wedding band made -- and they are both 1.8mm :)

Congratulations and Good luck :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no set rule, you are only confined by your own preference. I think they are all beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results