shape
carat
color
clarity

should tacori or local jeweler set diamond purchased from wf

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ninasstar

Rough_Rock
Recently purchased a gorgeous diamond from wf that will be the center stone in a tacori eternity ring setting that we''ve selected. We purchased the setting from a local jeweler who has placed the order through tacori. My question is, should we have the jeweler send our diamond to tacori to set it, or should we have the local jeweler set it?

Either way, I am nervous because we don''t have insurance on the loose stone, and I''m trying to find someone to insure it in the interim....just haven''t found anyone yet.

Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Is there any added benefit to having tacori set the stone vs. the jeweler we purchased it through???

Thanks!
Nina

bearman49

Rough_Rock
I'm sure the jeweler you purchased the ring from should be able to set it. I would think he would order the mounting and give the stone specifics.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

i would probably find out the warranty policy from Tacori or ask your jeweler if he can find out. I know that when I was purchasing the Vatche Royal Crown, Vatche reserved the right to set the diamond, resize the band, etc., otherwise they would void their lifetime warranty on the ring.

Maybe Tacori has a similar policy.

Also, certain companies want the diamond to be set in a certain way, ie: they want their prongs to be shaped a certain way, etc. I would probably prefer the company to set the diamond the way it was meant to be set.

Example again, if do a search for rings that were set by Vatche and others set by someone else, you can see that the prong work on the rings set by Vatche have a certain look to them.
2.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have it set by the jeweler who sold you the ring. It's very possible that they will choose to have the manufacture set it but this is a decision that you should have them help with and it's a way to make sure that you keep your warranty intact. The insurance companys won't insure a loose stone because they have too much fraud in that area but the jewelers insurance should cover it against loss while it is in their posession. Most jewelers will not take breakage liability for setting a stone that they didn't sell but this risk is really pretty low. Many will be willing to accept this if they sold the ring, assuming that everything fits properly so this should be the first people to visit.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results