shape
carat
color
clarity

Should she get a bigger stone? How to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TampaArt

Rough_Rock
We''re celebrating our 15th anniversary and I''d like to purchase my wife a bigger stone. She has a beautiful 1.22 F VVS1 brilliant cut set in yellow gold. I was thinking of something in the 3+ range. She really likes her old stone, but to save $$ (who doesn''t) I would trade it in. How is one to go about this? Thanks (in sunny Tampa).

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Tread carefully...if she really loves her old stone, she may not be willing to part with it. A three carat + is a wonderful anniversary present, but she may be remorseful about giving up her engagement diamond. Many women have sentimental attachements to their original diamond, and even if the original is only .10 carat the sentimental attachment to it is just too strong to give it up. You don't want her saying "The new stone is beatiful honey, but I miss my real engagement diamond."

Perhaps you could let her keep the original, and get her a three stone ring, or maybe a different shape? Ovals, emerald cuts, and pears have more of a visual impact per carat than rounds (although nothing sparkles like a well cut round), and you may be able to save some money by going with a different shape. Just a suggestion.

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
you can always take her 1.22 in a necklance or make it part of a 3 stone ring
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/8/2003 1:11:46 PM dragonsheart wrote:

you can make it part of a 3 stone ring

2.gif

----------------
Yeah as in 3c center stone, 1.22 each side stones....*swoon*

HA HA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results