shape
carat
color
clarity

Should It Stay Or Should It Go?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

I bought a three stone eternity ring on an impulse for my wife and I trying to decide to keep it or return it.I bought it because I got it for cost or even slightly less.

It has 75 stones of 6 points each for 4.5 carats total mounted in a platinum band weighing over 12 grams.Stones are VVS/VS and F/G color.It’s really quite well made and extremely sparkly.

I was hoping to save it for a Birthday present, but unfortunately her birthday is after the return period.

Here are some pics.What do you think of the ring?

/idealbb/files/threepost.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Noobie,

I am the Queen of Wide Bands
2.gif
so personally, I LOVE it!

What a wonderful "impulse" purchase for your sweetie! I have always thought MY sweet hubby was a doll... but his impulse purchases for me are usually flowers, chocolate, etc... never 75 diamonds!!!
love.gif

I vote KEEP IT!!!
naughty.gif

Lynn

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Noobie- is that the signed pieces one? I love it. Boy they make some nice stuff.
I think you should ask her?????

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I vote either early birthday present or see if the vendor will extend the return period (if it's within a few days) or agree to an exchange (if they have other things she might like).

Personally, while it's not the kind of ring I wear, I think it looks stunning in the pictures!
1.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Noobie,

I like the wide band look and just look at all the sparkles!! I love that ring... You pick very pretty rings!

I would say she is a keeper!!!
love.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE sparkley! This one is a winner.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING. That should *absolutely* stay. WOW.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Well you know what I am going to say.... I think it's gorgeous
love.gif
and very high quality. I'd wear it in a minute--it'd be great for her to wear on Saturdays when running errands--a nice change of pace. Sometimes, you don't want to wear your ering...as awesome as it is!
2.gif
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noobie, WOW that's absolutely stunning
appl.gif

I say it should go, could you please Fed Ex it to California?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Don't think for a minute I didn't think of writing:

"Gee, it's kind of ugly. I'll take it off your hands--what are friends for?"
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

But my freaking finger is too fat!
14.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Noobie!

That is absolutely magnificent! It is so unique! I would love to take it off your hands so you don't have to make this decision!
11.gif

You really need to keep that one!

kaya

Rough_Rock
wow, it's stunning, so sparkly!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Endangered species alert!! A man with great impulses and good taste! Even if she doesn't like the ring, you're definitely a keeper.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! Does anyone think I shouldn't keep it? It's OK to say so
2.gif
. I was wondering if it was too much bling and maybe impractical. Although they set the stones low, so it doesn't seem that uncomfortable.

I was wondering if I should exchange it for some earrings or a bracelet. I just happened to come across it and was the right size. I decided to buy it in a few hours. The price was amazing. Most PS vendors would charge me 50% more for just the loose melee, without the heavy platinum setting.

If I ever tried to have it made, it would cost me considerably more, but I did want the birthday present to be a surprise. So I guess I need to give it to her early, send it back or wait till her birthday and be stuck with it. Hmmm.

Thanks for the offer to Fedex it to you, but I don't have shipping insurance and Fedex doesn't insure so, can't do
2.gif
9.gif
. However, Jennifer, what about a trade?
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 1:52:56 PM noobie wrote:

....I was wondering if I should exchange it for some earrings or a bracelet.
----------------

Keep it! It's a lovely B-day present. Later for some other occasion (or even just because...) you can give her earrings or bracelets....

Somehow, with your good taste in jewelry, I doubt she'll be disappointed in future earrings or bracelets....

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 1:52:56 PM noobie wrote:

I was wondering if it was too much bling and maybe impractical...
I was wondering if I should exchange it for some earrings or a bracelet. I just happened to come across it and was the right size.
----------------

I think it's really beautiful
love.gif
...and the thought's even more beautiful!!
appl.gif

It sounds like it was meant to be - you came across it (bless you for wandering round jewelery stores! -not even w a widescreen TV & football playing, would my sweety wander thereabouts!) & it's just the right size - KISMET!

Tho, if for some reason it doesn't float her boat, could she exchange it for something else in the store? ...like "earrings or a bracelet"?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
AWSOME ring!
love.gif
Well, Noobie, you know your wife's taste. Is she comfortable in wide rings? I tend to pick very wide rings, but I have long fingers, and it's comfortable for me. If they are too narrow, they just flop around and spin. There are many who have short or average fingers that find the bulk on the bottom very irritating. I would give it to her as an early B-day present. That way you can exchange it if necessary.

DiamondLil

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I've decided to give it to her as an early Birthday present and let her decide if she wants to keep it. I took a look at it in the daylight and my gosh there is a lot of bling in this thing
6.gif
. I couldn't really get a good look at hiding it and sneaking it around.

It's a classic style, but more formal than she's used to. Had the perfect opportunity to give it to her last night. It's almost too much bling, but you know shrinkage happens. We'll see, I gave a week or so to decide.

P.S. She'll still get the earrings in the future
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noobie, you're so sweet. With websailor, I have to buy all of my own jewelry because he is afraid to. It would be nice to get a surprise once in a while.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

I knew it.
9.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you decided to give it to her! I love it!!!

Jennifer, I might have had to fight you over that one!
angryfire.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think that's the right answer.

It's a beautiful ring, but it depends on her style, and how it looks on her hand. If I were betting, I'd bet she'd keep it, since it is really beautiful. But, it's a lot of flash, so that depends on style. I'd never pick it out (not a wide ring wearer generally), but if it looked good on my hand, I'd sure be tempted to stray from my normal style!

Let us know what she decides.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Noobie, where did you get this ring? I'm on the hunt, and I cnanot find it.

you can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
al,

This was an impulse purchase from Signed Pieces when they were running their sale. I called Isaac and spoke to him about it. It's a cast platinum piece. They have shifted much of their making to die struck pieces to get more consistent quality on porosity. I guess one can debate the pros and cons of each process.

It was priced significantly lower than having one made. I was lucky it was the right size.

However they can make any size with I believe differnt size stones as well for a pretty good price. The one I purchased has 75 - 6 point stones for 4.5 carats total.

I try to post a pic with the 4 point eternity band I bought. It will give you an idea of scale.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Noobie~
I LOVE it! And the funny thing is I usually only like jewelry that is very simple and rings with small bands. But, this is a classic style ring that screams elegance! It's just stunning!!! I think it will be spectacular, and that you're wonderful for surprising her with it!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
noobie, you've done well.
appl.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the final decision is it stays! I guess my toys will have to wait for a little while
7.gif
It''s true what they say about shrinkage. You get used to all that bling pretty quick!

I had it appraised by Martin Fuller. He siad the stones were very well cut and that they basically gave the ring to me! My price was less than wholesale cost for loose stones
9.gif

Here''s a picture comparing the size with the 4 point eternity band I bought to show the scale.

eter46.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Great find, noobie! It''s a beautiful ring and it sounds like you got a great deal on it.

Hey, it looks pretty good next to the eternity ring. In fact, maybe you should get another eternity ring to wear on the other side of it.
2.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not really one for wide bands but that ring has me changing my mind.
6.gif
I think it is absolutely gorgeous and you should definitely keep it and give it to your wife!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results