shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I worry about a GIA REPORT FROM Dec 2001?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
Does this mean this diamond has been around too long? I've already posted the specs, but I'll do it again for this thread if that's okay...I haven't seen (did a search)
any info for old dates on GIA REPORTS...?

Diamond Grading Report: December 03, 2001
Diamond, $5,500.
Shape and cutting Style..ROUND BRILLIANT
Measuements....6.96-6.99 x 402mm
weight......1.17 carat

Proportions

Depth.......57.6%
Table.......60%
Girdle......Thin to medium faceted
Culet.......none

Finish

Polish.....Very Good
Symmetry....Very Good
Clarity Grade.....VS2
COLOR Grade.......H
Fluorescence.....none

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old reports... are just as good as new ones. Esp. that this one is by no means foxed yet! Actually, I would not consider this an "old" reports. As long as the stone is the right one to match the report and niether the stine could change nor GIA's standards have... no worries. If this is a "second hand" stone, there's alwasy some questions wether it gor chipped or whatever, but this can be easily identified by any jeweler.

What no one can say with the given specs is how the stone might look. If there is anything to doubt about, it's that "60X60" stone, but as long as you don't want that cut optimized to death and feel good about the price, why not
5.gif
Did you get to see the thisg?

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
jcard,

The questions I would have for the seller are:

1. Has the diamond been mounted and worn since the cert?

2. If it has been worn, what kind of inclusions does the diamond have? Any feathers that reach the surface, or naturals on the girdle? Any thing that if it took a blow could cause possible damage?

3. Would the seller be willing to have the diamond recertified? This is not that expensive to do.

Another option would be to just have an independent appraisal done on it to be sure it has not sustained any damage since the cert was issued, if it has been worn.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry what do you mean by this? "that this one is by no means foxed yet"

Sorry, Not sure what you mean????

I did look at that stone and I really like it! Ofcourse I called him back and told him I want to look at other stones side-by-side with this one to determine if the shallow depth is affecting the "fire" appearance of this stone...if not, then I think I'm going to buy it!

The whole thing will be 2.04 TCW in a 3 stone setting an will cost me
$6,900...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
the stone is likely getting a bit shallow.

Thre are lots of old stones around that are fine - dont worry about the age - but consider having the stone examined well to ensure there is no external damage.

Have you seen it through an ideal-scope - check out the reference chart http://www.ideal-scope.com/idealscope_reference_chart.asp
You will see a lot of darkness then the stone is too shallow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results