shape
carat
color
clarity

should I try and build an e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I was talking with a couple of friends of mine and they were suggesting that if I research I can get a good buy on diamond, then a setting, etc. and negotiate for getting it "assembled"? if that makes sense.
Please let me know if this is something that I should consider?

DBM

Shiny_Rock
i don''t think there''s one good way over the other. in the end it''s a matter of crunching the numbers and see how well of a value you purchased for what you spent. Some people will do the whole thing for you and give you a great price, some people will sell you one component and give yoiu a high price... each case i think has to be examined on it own.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, I would recommend choosing your diamond loose, yes. You can be more picky this way and not just get whatever diamond comes with the setting you like. More cut info is usually available for loose diamonds as well, and cut is them most important of the 4 Cs. The vast majority of people do it that way around here. The easiest thing to do, is find the setting you like and then try to also buy the diamond from that same vendor and have him set the diamond for you. It doesn''t always work out this way but is easist in the long run.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check vendors like Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash who carry exceptional diamonds at fair prices. Look for GIA Excellent cut or AGS0 cut. Do you have any idea of what size/price, etc. you''re looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results