shape
carat
color
clarity

should i sumbit for a certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OTTB

Rough_Rock

i'm trying to decide whether to submit this stone to see whether it will certify as a padparadscha -- i bought it as an unheated pink sapphire from sri lanka, but when it arrived i saw a good deal of peach in it. i do want to own a fine padparadscha some day, but this has been holding me over in the meantime.

i'd hate to spend the money for a certificate just for it to come back "pink sapphire." to be honest, i'm not sure why as a collector rather than a dealer i would even need a certificate. i think maybe i'm just getting caught up in the idea of having a certified pad.

i'm guessing you're going to tell me this stone isn't nice enough to warrant the expense even if it were to certify -- which would be fine, as then i could stop obsessing over what to do. anyway, thanks for your thoughts!

sapph ring resized.jpg

OTTB

Rough_Rock
another photo:

P1010697.JPG

OTTB

Rough_Rock
yikes!! pic #2 sure came out lousy -- trying one other:

sapph ring 3 resized.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t look like a pink sapphire to me, but rather seems to have a slightly pinkish Orange hue, which would put it in Padparadscha territory.

Your big question would be if it beryllium diffused or not. Was the stone ridiculously inexpensive, or a little pricey?

Evelina

Rough_Rock
It looks like a Padparadsha Sapphire. They vary in color from yellow to almost pink. Most Padparadsha Sapphires have Orange-Pink color. Congratulations on a fine find!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results