shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I shouldn''t I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tanzanian tsavorite green zircon. It is 1.74cts. 8.3mm x6.3mmx4.2. I can't decide if I should hit the Buy it Now button or not? I have been wanting a gorgeous blue/green zircon for awhile.......It is my daughters birthstone. Thoughts? I have a few pics ....

c8bb_1_sbl.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks muddy in the picture. I guess it depends on the price and the seller. The cutting seems nice from what I can see.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
??

c9f4_1_sbl.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks TL... I have more pics...

c74e_1_sbl.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5.gif

c636_1_sbl.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are better, and I see a hint of blue. I guess my only other concern would be that it''s too dark, and might suffer a tad bit from extinction. If it''s very inexpensive, I say "go for it" and see what it''s like.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to agree with TL. Some of the pictures are pretty...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief! Tsavorite green zircon? What's that supposed to mean? Why not just green zircon? Or bluish green zircon? Sorry CCN, that was not meant for you but for the seller.

It looks pretty dark but the flash shows decent colour. Notice that when the tweezer is bright, you see colour in the stone and when the tweezer is dark, the stone looks dark. I suspect some lighting help. What's the return policy?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Chrono.... I feel very comfortable with the seller. Great return policy and we have emailed back and forth over several different stones. She has been very honest with me. No high pressure sales in trying to talk me into something or sell me something else. I laughed at the description too ...but I think she was trying to compare the Refraction/ disperssion to a Tsavorite. It is definately listed under Zircons. Here is a few pics of another contender:

846e_1_sbl.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t decipher the true colors of these stones based on my old computer monitor...or my new computer...
3.gif

855e_1_sbl.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I love the blue.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
CCN, something about the second one speaks to me. . . does it speak to you?

If it''s not a huge amount of money, and the seller has a good return policy - go for it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

8639_1_sbl.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second stone better but wonder why the tweezers are coloured blue too.
33.gif
I don't have a good feeling about this but you said you know the seller and trust her. I see some odd yellow areas in the lower left and right. Is that zoning or something else? I also see it in the pavilion view.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm... not sure about the blue on the tweezers... I am thinking it could be the color of the stone reflecting back up into it??? There is a little bit of green in the stone though....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone for your input. I was surprised yesterday with a phone call from a valued friend and PSer who I consider my gemstone guru and he gave me his input after posting this thread. He gave me the thumbs up on the second zircon. I also looked at the pictures on my old computer monitor and boy what a difference those pictures are compared to my laptop monitor. The old monitor has always been very true to the actual color and so I can see alot more brown in the pear shaped stone and the oval is alot more saturated and you can see more green in those pictures. Also, the blue shadow that was so apparent in the tweezers ...is just that... a dark shadow (more grey) and not blue on the old monitor. Perhaps I will take a look at my old monitor before making any gemstones purchases in the future.
3.gif
I will post pics when I get the new zircon. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results