shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I sell it or keep it?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I know it is impossible to assess a ring or a pearl from a photo, but I do not wear this ring. So I have a choice of selling it for a token, or keeping it and replacing the pearl with another stone.

I just do not know how easy it is to replace a pearl for a colored stone because I know very little about setting the pearls. I shall post the photos and maybe someone may give me an advice. The diamonds are not great but with current prices...

pearlring1.jpg

ringpearl2.jpg

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I'd ditch the ring and put the pearl in a pendant setting.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the pearl looks OK? I shall show it to the jeweler, so you assume no responsibility by answering, but I know nothing about pearls. Is it OK?

It's hard to tell from the pictures... are there any scratches or scuffs on the pearl? To you wipe it down after use?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't use it...

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a pearl expert, but I like the pearl more than I like the ring . . . and let's just say . . . if I were buying a tahitian pearl, I don't know if I would buy this one over another one, but if I already had it, I would take the trouble to re-set it.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Hard to think what might look good in that ring instead of a pearl. Maybe they would allow you to ask the question over in colored stone jewelry, since you ARE asking about colored stones?
I agree the pearl would make a nice pendant. People don't look at pendants from up that close, if it turns out that is not a perfect pearl.
Unless it's actually a mabe or something--but its so round, it doesn't look like one.
I think the problem with the ring is that the pearl is actually too large for it.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to set a new head in this setting and not have the decorative undergallery show would be expensive and would end up looking wrong. The pearl is the star of this ring not the stones or design. Sell the old gold, if that is what it is, and get a new setting.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
They have glue removers that take the pearls off safely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results