shape
carat
color
clarity

should I return??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DenisePlo

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a diamond with the follwing stats:
I know nothing about diamonds and think I may have over paid. The stone looks clean, the imperefections are on the side where you can not see them and the imperfections are white.
Weight: 2.01 CT
Round Brilliant
8.02-7.94 x 5.01mm
Depth: 62.80%
Table: 61.00%
Crown: 13.40%Pavilion: 44.20%
Girdle: Medium to Thick Faceted
Cutlet: None

Finish
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good

Clarity Grade I1
Color Grade I
Fluorence: None

I have the diamond certificate from EGL with an appraised value of 13,500. I purchased the ring for 10,200.

Any advice would be great...Thanks.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well, the price is a bit high... You can find stones like yours at $5-6-7K depending on how visible are the inclusions...
The cut is good, but not exceptional. Since the girdle is partly thick, you're a paying for a few ct points that you cannot see...
The stone is graded by EGL, which is notorious for being a bit lax in its grading. But yours could be graded accurately.
I think you should return it... With your budget you could get a 2ct H or I, SI 1 or SI 2 or a little smaller superideal hearts and arrows...
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I agree w/ Giangi. If possible, return the stone. It is really pricey for the specs.

DenisePlo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I will go back to the store today and see what they say....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results