shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I Reset This?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize for the quality of these, but here''s a couple more pix, just to show the profile of the setting better.

profileshot1ma.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ok, that's what i think should be done to accommodate a lower set gem (when looking please keep in mind the depth of the stone). center bar was cut out and 2 other set up on the sides for the "basket" mounting, this way you will have more space for the culet.

M-A-Ringgg891.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here is your Tsavorite, GREEN
21.gif

M_AGreen3.jpg

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 2:54:45 PM
Author: Pricescope
21.gif
Wow, that is stunning! I like that!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 2:57:18 PM
Author: whenharrymetsally

21.gif
Wow, that is stunning! I like that!

I agree! That is gorgeous! I think I like it even better than the blue.

I''m probably getting ahead of myself because if I do anything, I would reset the center stone first. Putting something else in the setting would have to come later. But I do love these options. That green really appeals to me!

As far as the center stone, other than the Tiffany replica solitaire, what other settings would be good "classic" looks to consider?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I just love green, depending on your setting measurements this Chrome Tourm may be good fit too, barrel cut.

ETA: as for a solitaire, in a couple of hours Wink will show new Vatche's on TV, please have a look.

Tourm-for-MA.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Three stone with half moon or trap Sapphire sides?
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2007 10:30:14 AM
Author: enbcfsobe
If it means you''ll wear that rock more, definitely reset in a simpler setting. No reason to let it gather dust!

Just to clarify, most starting prosecutors are far from highly compensated. In many places starting public school teachers and police officers make more than entry-level DA''s. It is unfortunate that many people assume that all lawyers are well paid.

I agree that if I was going before a jury I would probably leave my sparklies behind. A simple band and small pearls are good for that sort of thing.
Yes but the JURY may judge her by what she wears and ASSUME that she is well paid, or getting money in some other way.

I too would leave my diamonds off if going before a jury.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
21.gif
I really like this. In another thread it talked about how Tsavs have alot of dispersion which would be nice.

I would take the diamond out and reset it in a setting that pleases YOU. Don''t make it plain cause you want to wear it to court! Keep your court jewelry simple BUT pick a setting for this stone that pleases you. Maybe you won''t even wear it to court. You have such lovely jewelry already I''m sure there is a setting out there that appeals to you.

I''m just not sure that you''d be happy with a plain jane setting. But if you want classic and simple for yourself, not for court, go for it.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 3:24:09 PM
I just love green, depending on your setting measurements this Chrome Tourm may be good fit too, barrel cut.

ETA: as for a solitaire, in a couple of hours Wink will show new Vatche''s on TV, please have a look.

Ugh, I had class in the afternoon, and another in the evening and I missed it. Is there a post somewhere that shows the new styles?

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 9:49:18 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I would take the diamond out and reset it in a setting that pleases YOU. Don''t make it plain cause you want to wear it to court! Keep your court jewelry simple BUT pick a setting for this stone that pleases you. Maybe you won''t even wear it to court. You have such lovely jewelry already I''m sure there is a setting out there that appeals to you.

I''m just not sure that you''d be happy with a plain jane setting. But if you want classic and simple for yourself, not for court, go for it.

I appreciate this comment. Maybe that is what I need to do....admit I want something less gaudy for me and stop using the court reason as as excuse.

I think part of me is afraid hubby will go ballistic if he hears I want to remount this. He originally wanted to buy me a solitaire when we got engaged, and I wanted something with stones on the side. He did get me a solitaire, but it wasn''t one I was thrilled with. This ring was my upgrade (and I reset the original stone into another ring). I guess I thought the whole court thing would be a nice rationale to tell him, but in the end, it is really because I just want something more simple and classic.

I love the Tiffany knife edge solitaire and the Royal Crown. I want something that will always look in style and that I can wear with different types of bands. I never used to think I would be happy with a solitaire, but now I think that is what I really want.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 12:59:31 AM
Author: MWG
LOL..... You have 2 carat solitaire!!!! No matter what setting you put it in, it will draw attention!!!

How about just leave it at home....when you try cases in court!!!

Date: 6/12/2007 12:47:13 AM
Author: MaryAlaina
I don''t really want to take apart the setting. If I do this, I would set something else in it eventually. Plus, the princess stones are tapered to make the curve of the ring, so I don''t know how well they would work in another setting. Frankly though, after having this ring, I really don''t want another one with princess cuts in it.

I don''t want a ring that is so blingy that jurors are looking at that, thinking about how much it costs and how I got the money to pay for it, etc. I''d rather have something that is not distracting in that way, if that makes sense. Maybe this is over-thinking things, but I think a more classic style would be better.
mwg I was just going to say that - just get a plain band. i love that plain bands are mysterious... they say nothing about you other than that you''re married, and perhaps modest ;-)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I love the GREEN!! I think it is beautiful!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooo Wear that big diamond

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

It’s very pretty!

My fav style for a nice big round is a solitaire paired with an eternity band.

AS for the old setting, you can get it dipped in white gold for a pretty cheap price. I did this recently wit ha bunch of yellow gold items and it really REVIVED them!!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 10:19:41 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
just get a plain band. i love that plain bands are mysterious... they say nothing about you other than that you''re married, and perhaps modest ;-)

I actually have a plain platinum Tiffany band. I love it and do often wear it when I think diamonds are too much. I suppose I will get a lot more use out of it!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 11:59:53 AM
Author: treysar
AS for the old setting, you can get it dipped in white gold for a pretty cheap price. I did this recently wit ha bunch of yellow gold items and it really REVIVED them!!

It is 18K yellow gold, and I actually like the rich look of 18K yellow gold. Plus, if I put a colored stone in this setting, I think yellow would look better with the color stones I like.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2007 3:12:30 AM

Date: 6/12/2007 9:49:18 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

I appreciate this comment. Maybe that is what I need to do....admit I want something less gaudy for me and stop using the court reason as as excuse.

I think part of me is afraid hubby will go ballistic if he hears I want to remount this. He originally wanted to buy me a solitaire when we got engaged, and I wanted something with stones on the side. He did get me a solitaire, but it wasn''t one I was thrilled with. This ring was my upgrade (and I reset the original stone into another ring). I guess I thought the whole court thing would be a nice rationale to tell him, but in the end, it is really because I just want something more simple and classic.

I love the Tiffany knife edge solitaire and the Royal Crown. I want something that will always look in style and that I can wear with different types of bands. I never used to think I would be happy with a solitaire, but now I think that is what I really want.
Glad I helped you figure out what YOU really want. You have such a GREAT jewelry collection. But of course you''re going to prefer different looks at different times in your life!

Use the court excuse with your hubby if you want to. After all it is true, just not the whole truth.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, I am in your shoes... I bought a huge setting similar to your in 18kt. white gold... It is a BEAUTY...However, I think I may have went overboard.... I love setting but think it screams ...... TRYING TO HARD :) I am loving all of the solitares and keep struggling with the same things you are.... I love the new Tiffany replicas but am affraid I will miss some major bling... Which setting are your considering? would you wear it with a diamond or plain band??? I did the same thing to my hubby... He begged me about 3 years ago to get a solitare and I said nooooo I want big bling.... heheheheheheh.... now he laughs...

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 11:06:54 AM
Author: woobug02
wooo, I am in your shoes... I bought a huge setting similar to your in 18kt. white gold... It is a BEAUTY...However, I think I may have went overboard.... I love setting but think it screams ...... TRYING TO HARD :) I am loving all of the solitaires and keep struggling with the same things you are.... I love the new Tiffany replicas but am afraid I will miss some major bling... Which setting are your considering? would you wear it with a diamond or plain band??? I did the same thing to my hubby... He begged me about 3 years ago to get a solitare and I said nooooo I want big bling.... heheheheheheh.... now he laughs...

Interesting....glad to know I''m not the only one! I really love the SC Tiffany replica, but I''m also drawn to Vatche''s Royal Crown setting. Of course, I know LM and MM do beautiful work too and would do a classy solitaire. I just don''t know. I want something that is timeless and won''t ever look dated. To me, I think the Tiffany is that. I just need to figure out if that is THE one, and then either convince hubby, or find a way to do it without him knowing....hehehe.....

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I have your same feelings and am torn between the two settings you mentioned... I have been working with Whiteflash and they agree that the Tiffany replica is the best timeless piece out there.... That is what they recommended for me :)

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:12:52 AM
I have your same feelings and am torn between the two settings you mentioned... I have been working with Whiteflash and they agree that the Tiffany replica is the best timeless piece out there.... That is what they recommended for me :)

Which Tiffany replica do you like best? Whiteflash''s or Superbcert''s?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
The SC is awesome but I am not sure where to even order that without ordering a stone too.... I think White Flash does a terrific knife edge replica.....I think that is what I will probably go for... I Also thought about a colored stone for mine too but would want it to sit lower than my current diamond though.... Like you, my hubby can''t even keep up and doesn''t really pay that much attention... Over the past 4 years I have bought alot of jewelry and reset many times... hehehehe.... Would you wear it with a plain band or diamond band???

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:47:54 AM
Would you wear it with a plain band or diamond band???

I have about a dozen different diamond bands, and the plain platinum one, so most likely I would switch it around, as I do with most of my rings. I''d probably also buy the Tiffany knife edge band to wear with it when I wanted to be in a real matchy mood.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:47:54 AM
The SC is awesome but I am not sure where to even order that without ordering a stone too....

You can''t just have Excel Diamonds make one to fit your stone? I thought they did that. I have emailed them to inquire about the process, so I''ll let you know what I hear.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you soo much! Let me know :) I found some of your postings and you have FABULOUS JEWELRY!!!! OH MY GOOODNESS!!! Your pear is fab and so is your pink halo..... I also love your pink sapphire.... WOWOWOOWOWOW :)

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I heard back from Barry. He said to order the ring online, specifying the dimensions of the stone, and they would make the setting, send it to me, and I could have a local jeweler set the stone. It certainly would be less costly than insuring and sending my ring and/or diamond across the country, but I would hope I could find a local jeweler that would do a good job in mounting without messing up anything.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed Barry back and asked if he has had customers use their local jeweler to set it and then mess it up. He said yes and to make sure they know how to do it. How am I supposed to do that? What jeweler would admit to not being able to do something? Ugh. I know Barry does good work, but the several times I have thought about buying from him, he makes me very nervous and doesn''t do anything to allay my fears.

I''m now considering the elaineh version of the WF knife edge ring instead. Woo, did you order anything yet?

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I decided on the WF Tiffany knife edge (elaineh version). I''m assuming it will take a couple weeks, but will post pix when I get it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2007 1:27:55 AM
I heard back from Barry. He said to order the ring online, specifying the dimensions of the stone, and they would make the setting, send it to me, and I could have a local jeweler set the stone. It certainly would be less costly than insuring and sending my ring and/or diamond across the country, but I would hope I could find a local jeweler that would do a good job in mounting without messing up anything.

Boy this sounds toooo familiar... I had a local guy set the stone in my Kelege and it was SO frickin' bad that the whole thing had to go back to Kelege to get reworked. Entirely new prongs, the whole nine yards. (There were other issues too, but this was a huge one.)

If I could give you one piece of advice it would be this: Deal with the hassle and the expense and send the stone to get set properly.

Can't wait to see the new ring BTW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results