shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I keep this little maquise?

Stanny

Rough_Rock
Hi all! :wavey:

Long-time lurker here who is finally coming out to say 1) how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge shared by you kind folks (I can easily get lost reading pages and pages of insightful info!) and 2) I finally have my own question to post :dance:

I recently purchased a .60 marquise, I color and VVS2 from a vendor who does not offer video. So I thought it would be best to have the stone in hand to check it out and take a couple of photos so I can get your thoughts. Price was just under $1,100 and I have 30 days to return. I do like the diameter (?) and to my amateur eyes, I thought the aset looked fine. I like smallish stones but I want a bright one! Here is the link to the vendor's photo and aset of the stone, http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7608694-0.60-carat-Marquise-diamond-I-color-VVS2-clarity.aspx

I took lots of pix but only a couple were worth uploading. I'm not sure if you can really assess the stone from the photos. I would like to set this stone in an EW setting if it's a keeper. Please let me know if it is or if I can do better.

Thanks!!
Stanny

20151015_152838.jpg

20151015_151524.jpg

Stanny

Rough_Rock
Hi Garry! :wavey: Thanks for asking your question. Forgive me for my ignorance but I thought marquise diamonds have bowties, that range from minimal to very apparent. In your opinion, is this too much of a bowtie?

Area57

Rough_Rock
What are your plans for it? Anything in particular?

Stanny

Rough_Rock
Hi Area :wavey:
I want a dainty right hand ring to possibly stack with other bands. I was thinking of an EW bezel on a 2mm yellow or rose gold band with melee on each side of the stone. I saw a pix somewhere on Etsy but can't seem to find it now.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I think you could do better. It's fun getting them in the mail though isn't it? :twirl:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Stanny|1444972504|3938782 said:
I thought marquise diamonds have bowties, that range from minimal to very apparent.

Stanny,

Not speaking about this specific diamond - that would be against forum rules - but about Marquise in general: Yes - all Marquise diamonds will have bow-ties. It is simply not possible to know, based upon numbers on a grading report, exactly how the bow-tie will look. Personal preference plays into any diamond purchase, but significantly in the purchase of fancy shapes such as the Marquise.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am no pro... FAR from it. But i have a serious love for marquise diamonds and i'm not loving the bow tie on this one.

Stanny

Rough_Rock
Diamond Hawk, thanks for the info & appreciate your opinions Fancy Intense and Farrahlyn!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results