shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I keep this floral and diamond band?

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I need some advice on whether I should keep this gold engraved band. It's 18k gold, has .1 carats of round brilliants, and weights about 7.4grams. I paid less than $400 for it. It has a makers mark inside a "c" in a circle and what I think is an AC.

My question is--are my fingers too short for it? I'm just not quite sure how to stack it or if it's more of a stand alone ring.

Thoughts?

IMG_6886.jpg IMG_6878.jpg IMG_6885.jpg IMG_6877.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The real question is do you love and enjoy wearing it?

If yes, keep it. If not get rid of it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn’t stack it with anything else, to me, it’s a stand alone piece =)2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto what others said. Depends on if you love it, and I wouldn't stack it.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it!

If you were to stack it with anything, I’d pick either a very thin pave band or thin contrasting gold band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking exactly what the others said...it's a beautiful stand-alone piece, not good for stacking. And keep it if you love it! I really love it!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely a stand alone ring. It’s very pretty - do you think you’ll wear it enough to keep it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it’s really pretty! I would either wear it alone or stack it with a pretty thin diamond band..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love flowers, so I like it! And I think it looks fine on your finger, alone. :wink2:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it. It's very quirky--in a good way! And I actually like it stacked with the other rings. The stacks look quirky, to me too. The ring and your stacks make a statement. I see personality and a bold attitude, when I look at your combinations. I do agree with everyone else that if you love it, keep it. But if you're not really in love with the ring, it might be better to pass and wait for something else to strike you.

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
It's lovely! I think it looks great on your hand! I also suffer from short fingers but it looks well proportioned on your hand, wear it with confidence.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful by itself. If you love it yes keep it but I wouldn't stack it with another ring. It holds its own.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s beautiful and your fingers are not too short at all. You might need some thinner bands than the ones you have if you want to stack. Try Etsy, there are lots of very skinny diamond bands for sale that are quite affordable. I like this shop called Polamai but there are many more that sell them.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it and think it looks great on you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it - and I'd add a super thin diamond eternity band either side - like, 1.5mm on each side. 1.7mm tops.

I'd also wear it alone, so it's a win-win scenario.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece.:appl:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it’s beautiful and your fingers are not too short at all. You might need some thinner bands than the ones you have if you want to stack. Try Etsy, there are lots of very skinny diamond bands for sale that are quite affordable. I like this shop called Polamai but there are many more that sell them.
I have a band from Polamai..It’s a bitty and that size would be perfect with the wide band..

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What drew you in? Do you still feel the same way?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it - and I'd add a super thin diamond eternity band either side - like, 1.5mm on each side. 1.7mm tops.

I'd also wear it alone, so it's a win-win scenario.
this is exactly what I was thinking, super thin diamond eternity bands on either side, or nothing at all. I think it is very pretty and if it were mine, I'd keep it for sure.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. I would love a band like that. [What size is it? In case you decide to not keep it? LOL] I have wide bands and sometimes stack them with a skinny diamond band on either side, which gives the effect of a glam custom band. I would not worry about short vs long fingers, the proportions look fine & it is more about what you love.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love it as stand alone! I don't think your fingers are too short either. :)

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. I would love a band like that. [What size is it? In case you decide to not keep it? LOL] I have wide bands and sometimes stack them with a skinny diamond band on either side, which gives the effect of a glam custom band. I would not worry about short vs long fingers, the proportions look fine & it is more about what you love.

Thank you I think it's beautiful too! It's a size 7.25, if that works for you let me know!

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies and gents! As always you are right.. I think its probably best as a stand alone ring. I think if I even have to ask it's probably not for me, I'm just attached to it because its so unique and the craftsmanship is so good, I love how weighty it is and that its 18k. It also reminds me somewhat of some Van Craeynest styles I've seen. I'm slightly intrigued by the makers mark but I haven't been able to find anything about it, definitely not VC as far as I can tell! Also it's a little too tight for my middle finger but too big for my ring finger and I'm not sure it could be sized.

Anywho thanks again for all your input (and tell me my fingers aren't short :razz: hooray!) but I think I'm going to return it!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish it were a six : )

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like how you said "if I even have to ask, it's probably not me." BEEN THERE!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results