shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I have this Asscher brought in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acero21

Rough_Rock
Newbie here. I'm ready to purchase an asscher and have been talking to whiteflash. I understand that you can't really judge an asscher on numbers alone but that you really need to seen it in person. Having said that, does anyone think the numbers on the asscher below are within the "range" for an ideal asscher? I don't want to have whiteflash bring the diamond in if the numbers aren't good to begin with. Thanks in advance!

2.01 ct G VS1 Asscher

. Carat: 2.01
. Depth %: 69.8
. Table %: 65
. Girdle: THK-VTK
. Measurements: 6.94-6.76X4.72
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

I think the table% may be a little too large

or

2 ct F VS2 Asscher

. Depth %: 69.7
. Table %: 60
. Girdle: TK-VTK
. Measurements: 6.95-6.80X4.74
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

The clarity on this one is a vs2 as opposed to a vs1 in the diamond above. Does this really matter?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Acero21 and welcome to the asccher process!
35.gif

I recently bought an asscher from WF with a 65% Table and 70.2% Depth. Both of these numbers are out of the "ideal range", but I am thrilled with my stone and think it''s gorgeous. So don''t let a slightly high table % cause you to reject a diamond before seeing a picture.

On the other hand, I would be a little concerned about the "Good" rating for symmetry. This can be noticeable on an asscher. I might look for "Very Good" or better.

I''m sure there are other opinions here and I''m certainly not an expert. Your best bet is to have Brian look at the stones and make a recommendation for you. He''s very fair-minded and has a lot of expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results