shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I go with the ritani?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
After a long search (I am very picky) I think that my boyfriend of ten years and I finally found THE ring. It is a ritani 4 prong setting with an ultra thin micropave bezel and a round center stone. I think we have compromised on 1.5 ct for the center stone. I love the ring, but here''s the thing...I love a clean, simple and elegant look--which this definitely is. BUT, I also love lots of shine and brilliance and I''m not so sure that this will give me that. The ring with the matching wedding band (which is the same ultra thin micropave bezel) are very delicate and don''t have much "bling". I''m thinking maybe I should go with a band that isn''t so thin and delicate. Still, I love the ring...am I just being way too indecisive??? Any thoughts? PLease help, I am driving myself crazy!!!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have a bezel/pave ring, and let me tell you, it out BLINGS anything I''ve ever seen! There''s somethin about pave that catches your eye - a different kind of sparkle!! Do a search of pave bezel and you will find some other conversations about this.

I LOVE that ritani set, and with a whopper 1.5 center, it will be GORGEOUS!! :)

good luck!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i echo what treysar said: i too have a pave bezel setting and it sends off about a million flashes of sparkle. it is VERY eyecatching. plus i love the look of a big center stone on a thin sparkly band. very wow.

BUT: if you want to up the bling factor, you could always go with the ritani endless love setting. it sounds a lot like the setting you mentioned but with a pave bezel!
11.gif
trust me--that''s super bling and really eyecatching, AND as treysar and i can tell you, it has the added benefit of making your stone look huge! my guess is your 1.5c stone would look well over 2c in that setting. just a thought . . .

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,
It''s funny that you posted this because I just ordered this set about two weeks ago.

I even posted a thread about which setting I should get, but in the end, the Ritani 4 prong won me over. Do a search for "which setting do you prefer" to see the thread.

I also had the same problem as you. When I first was deciding on a setting, I really liked the Ritani endless love bezel, but was told that Ritani could not set my diamond, so I had Leon Mege make me a plain setting.

About 5 months ago, I stopped by the Bailey, Banks and BIddle store near me to see what was new and saw that Ritani now made a 4 prong endless love setting.
I immediately fell in love with it, but was unsure, like you, if it was enough "bling". The band is ultra thin, only 1.7-1.8mm wide, so the diamonds have just a hint of sparkle.

So, I waited on getting the setting. Then, NoviceNYC posted that she got the Ritani setting (I think the thread is something like" I am a fiancee, my long awaited Ritani is here", look below).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-a-fiance-my-long-awaited-ritani-is-on-my-finger.16530/

When I saw those pictures I realized that I really liked the setting a lot and from the pictures that she posted, the pave adds just enough bling without being overly powerful.

What I decided to do to offset the thinness of the band was to order 2 wedding bands to go with the setting, instead of one. This way, there will be just a little bit more sparkle, without it being overbearing.

You can go custom on the setting, I know slammie is having her setting custom made and incorporating different things that she loves from other settings.

There are also many different companies that have similar designs, but with larger pave. Try looking at Michael B., Scott Kay, Vera Wang (although hers is thinner I think), Memoire ( l absolutely love their setting also) and PrecisionSet( this is the other company I was thinking about).

I myself decided to just get the Ritani, because I really loved the design and nothing else compared to it as far as I was concerned.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their input. Of course, I have been frantically searching the other designers that you suggested...and I think you''re right. While there are some very beautiful designs out there similar to the Ritani, and even some with a bit more "bling", there''s just something about that Ritani setting. I just love how it shows off the diamond--it''s so clean.

What would you think about not getting the matching wedding band and instead pairing the ring with a band thats a bit more showy? Would that detract from the beauty of the ritani?

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

Kayla knows just how much I LOOOOVE this setting. It’s so beautiful!! It’s funny, I had the same thoughts you and Kayla had. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the two bands (lucky Kayla!!!) and I too felt it was just a bit too thin…although I love the look, I just wished it was a bit wider, say 2.2 to 2.4mm since I often wear my wedding band by itself when I need to test in the lab ( I still take it off, but it’s easier to slip inside my pocket wrapped in tissue!) and I wanted it to stand up on it’s own…. I just wanted to add that I too originally thought about not getting the matching band because I wanted to keep my current wedding band, but when I tried it next to mine, it looked, well, just odd. I think you might be able to wear another pave band with bigger melees next to it, but if you go notably bigger and “blinger”, IMHO, it just doesn’t look right. I am getting mine custom made..you can look on my thread, my superbcert upgrade..yay! on show me the ring forum...Since my band will be a bit wider, 2 point melees will be used so that the tiny diamonds can be seen rather than looking like chips that I've seen on some other Pave settings.

The ritani is definitely not a flashy pave set, but I really, really liked the understated chic look of it.
30.gif

I completely understand your agony! My advice would be to take as much time to look at other designs so you are very sure of what you want. I hope you are able to decide on what you want..I’m sure it will be lovely!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO, I think bands that are not *matched* do detract from the original band and beautiful stone. I have 2 friends. One has a five stone 2ctw engagement ring set in platinum. She chose a band that was thin with some small accent diamonds because she thought it would be *too* much bling. However, now that she wears them together, the smaller unmatched band totally takes away from the look of her engagement ring, which is lovely. Another friend of mine has a 1 carat solitaire with a plain thin band. She chose a 3 carat prong set eternity band. The ring and the band by themselves are knockouts, but when she wears them together, they are so *odd* together. Just my 2 cents.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone again for the advice...it makes me feel better to know that I''m not the only one that has these types of thoughts
face1.gif

Slammie--I took at look at your thread and may I just say...WOW! I have never really been a huge fan of a simple platinum solitaire, but you may have converted me! I absolutely love the ring and the wedding band together. The platinum band of the engagement ring gives it a nice clean look, while wedding band gives it all the bling you could ever want! The two together are a gorgeous combination and really offset each other so beautifullyl!

Again, I think you guys are right...I did try the ritani ring with other bands and none of them seemed quite right. Maybe I was just hoping that if someone told me how great it could look, I could convince myself of it. Oh well...

Well, I am thoroughly confused. Kayla--getting the two matching bands is a great option, but, like Slammie, I don''t know that it will be possible. I think I tapped out when I convinced my better half that 1.5ct was the way to go. If I keep all this up, I may not be getting engaged at all--I am driving my boyfriend crazy!

Oh the agony...

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I know....How hard it is to make a decision when there are so many beautiful diamonds and settings out there. At some point ladies, we just have to MAKE a decision and stop looking......... or else, we will drive ourselves battie! or is it batty? whatever! Help!! Diamond overload!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2004 7:23:59 PM
Author: psuheather

Well, I am thoroughly confused. Kayla--getting the two matching bands is a great option, but, like Slammie, I don''t know that it will be possible. I think I tapped out when I convinced my better half that 1.5ct was the way to go. If I keep all this up, I may not be getting engaged at all--I am driving my boyfriend crazy!

Oh the agony...

Hi,
I just wanted to add something after reading this comment.
IF this is truly the setting that you want, then get it. If you are having second thoughts, then just keep searching until you find one that satisfies all your needs and wants.

But, if you truy love this setting, then just go with the one wedding band for now.
You can always get a second band for a one year anniversary or some other important occasion. Your boyfriend may actually surprise you and just get both for you anyway.

I waited 10 years to get the diamond that I now wear, and wound up wasting more money and time, before finding the Ritani set.

Alot can happen in time.
Don''t let not getting both bands right away deter you from getting what you really want.

So, if you truly love this setting and know your need for bling will be satisfied with two bands, get the one band for now and get the other one at a later time.
2.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Kayla--it''s so funny that you wrote that because I just came to that conclusion myself. I have been continuously searching the internet the past two days to find another ring that I liked with more bling (not necessarily a good thing thing since I am in grad school and have 4 tests next week) and everytime that I thought I found a ring I liked, I would find myself thinking "But it''s not the Ritani." I think that if I ended up getting something else, I would forever be thinking about the ritani and would ultimately regret my decision. There''s just something about that ring...

Great idea about the one year anniversary...the second band would be the perfect gift. Do you think that they''ll still be making that style band then? (remember, I''m not even engaged yet and we''ll probably have to have a year and a half to two year engagement due to the fact that I''m still in school)

Thank you everyone for all of your help! I was really going crazy and I feel so much more a peace now. Sometimes you need someone else''s input to figure out what you really knew in the first place
emsmile.gif

*I''ll have to post the ring if and when I finally get it!!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I was the same way. I agonized over a setting and then when I found the one I couldn''t justify choosing another one that was *similar* but *cheaper* because I would always think *what if*...

Im in grad school also finishing my thesis requirement......funny though, I have a deadline, but I keep staring at these diamonds LOL! Too bad the thesis is not on finding the perfect engagement rign for one''s honey! I''d rock the house!

fortheloveofdiamonds

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
oh, I know...tell me about it! I have so much studying to do it''s ridiculous, PLUS my friend''s wedding to go to tomorrow meaning even less available studying time and I am spending my time looking at diamonds. There''s just something not right about this picture....or is there something SO right about it???

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I completely agree with Kayla17 and the other ladies. I had my heart set on the Michael B. petite princess setting, but thought it was too expensive and tried finding something similiar, but in my heart, I knew that that was the setting for me. As it turned out we had some trouble with the jeweler who was going to design a similiar style and now we just ordered the Michael B setting and I have been on cloud nine ever since.

Once my fiancee (which is it for a guy?) said it was fine and that I should get exactly what I want I have been elated ever since. When I was looking at other designs or getting it custom made I kept comparing it to the Michael B. or thinking (in my head) I could always get the Michael B. setting in a few years...

I say, get exactly what you want! I think it is worth it-
31.gif

Can''t wait to see pics!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
IvanaDiamond,

I decided on a Michael B. setting as well. At first I thought it was ridiculously expensive and that I shouldn''t really want a band that is this expensive. However, I agonized and tried to find an "alternative" that was cheaper and in the end I told myself that I was worth even more than this band and that if I liked it so much then I should get it!!! And.. I am getting it!!!! I decided on the three-sided pave though..

Psuheather:

We''ll get it done! Too much stuff! Brain overload, why did I ever do this grad school thing to myself!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

slammie

Shiny_Rock
I’m so glad to hear that you’ve made a decision and decided to go with the Ritani!! I concur with Kayla’s point completely about going with what you really want, I’ve wasted money too because I kept changing my mind and now I’m happy with the design I’m having made. She has a good point about the second band too!!
36.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Fortheloveofdiamonds,

I love that you did that as well!!!! I am in complete agreement with you. How much longer do you have to wait? Please post pics asap- Once I made the decision and my fiance was okay with it, I knew i made the right choice, and we are worth it~!

I thought I was the only one indecisive, oh man- Glad to know I am not alone!

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Ivanadiamond-- If you looked up indecisive in the dictionary, you would find my name (and I guess yours!). I think it's a symptom of perfectionism...second best just doesn't cut it!

I hinted to my boyfriend earlier that two bands to go with the ritani would be really pretty. He laughed (not a good sign!!) but then actually he suggested that the second might be a good first anniversary present. Hmmm...maybe he was thinking that all along???

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ivanadiamond,

I am getting my ring in a few months! It is an *upgrade* as I have been married for 5 years. I have chosen the setting, but I am still on the hunt for the perfect center stone...which is another matter all unto itself! *sigh* I just have to make a decision on the size of the center stone. My husband thinks that I may not like 2 carats because it will be *too* big... laughable!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I am really happy that you have made a decision.
I myself just changed my mind on the setting and cancelled the order.....

Nah, just kidding!

I can''t wait to get the setting and the bands. It''s already been a little over two weeks, so I still have some time to wait.

My only concern right now is whether Ritani should set my diamond or the jewelry store where I ordered the rings.

2.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
oh my god...you just scared me so much!!!

You better post some pics when you get them!!!!!!!!!!! I can''t wait to see them...I think I''ll probably be just as anxiouosly awaiting their arrival as you!

Halfpint

Rough_Rock
Wow--Its nice to know Im not the only one having the same problem--We have been looking for about four months now, and you and I are having the same problem--I, too, am looking at the pave, and just cant seem to find the right one--every time i see one, then i see something else, and cant solidify my decision. Its very stressful, isnt it?? Do you have your choices narrowed down at all? Reena suggeted to check out the Michael B jewelery @ pearlmansjewelers.com, and also Daniel K--You may also want to check it out--They have beautiful stuff, although I hope it doesnt confuse you more. Let me know if there is a designer that I didnt mention that you liked in particular. Good luck!

ninasstar

Rough_Rock

You know, I just want to add that if you''re looking for a bit more "bling", there are rings that have pave on the sides of the ring as well, which gives it extra bling.

I have a tacori set which looks pretty similar to the ritani endess love collection....I think the band on the tacori might be a little bit wider, and with the pave on both sides, it makes for a lot of bling.

Here is a pic if you''re interested....good luck and best wishes!

ninasstar

Rough_Rock
Here is a regular view

ninasstar

Rough_Rock
side view with diamonds and scalop design

The Ritani Endless Love is rad. I was totally set on it and have tried it on many times. It''s simply beautiful, classy, and elegant. My fiance got the rock online and we were going to have it set in the Ritani. It''s doable though many people will say it isn''t. BBB and EE Robbins here in Seattle will send it in for you.

In talking with a few designers, we decided we''d rather have something a tad thicker for a band (more than the Ritani 2mm) for my/our 1.6 rock. We were looking at the Octagon shape too and decided that it would almost be too much bling on my hand when you add the pave bezel. Still can''t believe that I''m saying that - too big

Whiteflash is in the process of creating us a setting, it''s like their Symphony Setting. I really wanted the pave and also wanted my stone to be showcased. Brian took us a picture to get an idea of what our stone would look like in the setting. As i understand it, the bezel will be about the width of the lower half of this pic. they are doing the casting now. I can''t figure out what type of wedding band i should get though. solid platinum or pave?

I''ve been wearing a cz solitare that actually looks pretty nice but it feels weird. i wanted to wear something while we sent the stone off to be set as i really love having a ring on that finger!

We''ll of course post pics when we get the ring.

image from WF.jpg

PSU Heather - in rereading your post, i see you are looking at the 4 prong. I got carried away talking about the bezel one. The 4 prong one sure is lovely too and a fabulous way to showcase the rock.

35.gif
enjoy the decision process!

psuheather

Shiny_Rock

Yeah, sorry...I made it confusing because I saw when I went back and looked at my post that I actually included in my description the 4-prong and a bezel. I had originally looked at the ritani with the bezel (actually, I think that my boyfriend really preferred that one, although he would never say it, it''s always "whatever you like the best") but I ended up deciding that I really loved how the 4-prong showed off the stone. I did love the bezel though...it made the diamond look gigantous! I also tried on a Vera Wang with a bezel..her band was even thinner. Also very pretty

psuheather

Shiny_Rock

I definitely want to see pics when your ring is ready....it sounds right up my alley!

Oh...and I say go with a pave wedding band (but I definitely am under the spell of "bling")

in case anyone is wondering what these lovely ritani rings look like, i thought i''d post them. this first one is the 4 prong

ritani solitiare.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results