shape
carat
color
clarity

should I go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! did you get the lockit? i am vascillating back and forth between it and the speedy 30 or the batignolles vertical. i was hoping to come here and find you had selected the lockit or the speedy 30 but it looks like you went for something different?

anyone else have any advise? thanks!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown, I still haven''t made up my mind. Also, I lost my job last Friday (my position was eliminated unexpectedly), so I won''t be buying any LV until I find a new gig!

I do think the Speedy 30 is a great bag...I like both the mono canvans and the black mini lin, have you looked at other colors besides just mono for a Speedy? I like the batignolles vertical, I think someone else here posted that she got that style or the bagtinolles horizontal a few months ago. Are you torn between wanting a shoulder bag vs. hand held straps???

I keep seeing LV''s all over the place now that I''ve decided I want one (or six). People say how common Speedy''s are, but I''ve only seen one out of maybe 10 during the past week or so at the grocery or out and about wherever. Mostly I see pianos cabas, or the bucket shaped ones, or other shoulder bag shapes.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i read in the lv section of tpf the posts in the lockit club thread. i think i am leaning toward the regular lockit. i like the thought of the speedy 30 but i don''t like the unstructured look of the sag. i know it can be supported but not sure i want to do that.

i am looking for mono this time. i have the round groom and the small rectangle groom and think they might look cute on the mono lockit. separately, not at the same time of course. i hope to decide for sure in the next day or two

thanks for your response. good luck hunting for the new job!

1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I thought the same thing about the "sag," do I really want to put a piece of cardboard or whatever else people use into a $600 bag? Um, maybe not. But I''m thinking I could fill up the speedy with all my junk to where it might not need support...

I really love the look of the regular Lockit. I think the vertical would be too much of a PITA to reach all the way down into, you know how everything you''re looking for in your bag tends to sink right to the bottom? So the reg. would probably be perfect.

My list of wants from LV consists of Speedy 30 in mono and mini lin, the Lockit in mono, the pochette accessoires in mono, and the grooms little round thingie, I forget what the actual description is, just for starting my collection! Jeez, what a total sickness this will become for me.

Thanks for the words of encouragement on my job search!

I hope you get the Lockit, I would love to see/hear about it here on PS! I don''t have a ton of patience for wading through tpf threads, but I do like to visit that site from time to time and admire, hee hee.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t like a lot of the same thing. i own the cerise pouchette, the groom rond (i think that is what it is called) in orange and the smaller rectangle groom in yellow (it may be a cles, not sure without checking). i have used the rond on an orange pebble grain leather with the vachetta trim dooney and it is cute but i wanted something in mono to use both of the groom accessories on. i might use the cerise in the lockit. i am not sure that i will feel comfortable with that as it might wear off the cherries.

i have been putting off this decision for a long time now and think i need to do it before they make another one of their ridiculous price hikes. can you tell i think all of this is over priced and that they play on our stupidity? i readily admit i think i am nuts, as it is not worth the price only in our minds ( i guess i should say my mind). i apologize to any one who feels otherwise, jmho.
1.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I say go for it!! I have the LV Papillon (sp) bag and I love it. It''s my only LV and I carry it frequently. I also have a collection of Coach bags, although they are becoming much more mainstream in my area. Keep us posted and good luck on the job search!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say YES YES YES!!! I have one LV at the moment (had others that I sold), it is the Petit Bucket, and I just love it! I carry it daily, and it is just perfect for day to day use.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results