shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I go for a rose gold e ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I have always liked rose gold but lately I am loving it. Looking at my setting I would like to have rose gold. Just from searching the web I notice the arent a lot of all rose gold settings though.

I know I should do what I like but do you all think it''s a good move to switch to rg? Will it negatively or not at all impact the value of ring? Maybe it''s just a faze i''m going through that will pass
face22.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
If you love it, get it! I wouldn''t think about resale value when making this decision. I would think about:

1. Will the rose gold color help or hurt the color of your diamond?
2. What color gold is most of your jewelry and will it go?
3. What will your wedding band look like - do you want it to match, etc.?

I''m a big fan of rose gold too - it looks really nice on my skin. You could also think about a mixed setting - like platinum and rose gold. Do you have any images of the settings you are considering?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first time I saw rose gold was when I was in highschool. My mom''s BF had a RG e-ring. I remember LOVING it. She said they got it at an antique store. The color makes her diamond pop!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
My girlfriend love rose gold but was recently advised against it for a wedding by a jeweler as according to the jeweler, with some time, the rose gold may turn to a copperish colour. I also had a rose gold ring that previously changed colour and I had it plated yellow gold.

So for your e-ring which is something that you will wear for a very long time, you may wish to stick to plat or white gold..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
my wedding ring is from 1920 and up next to yellow gold it looks rosey... next to rose gold it looks yellow... it''s a very pretty color, really. Slightly more plat looking than either yellow or rose gold as well - just kinda like chromy creamy pinky yellow lol Anyway - I say go for it!! We should utilize our options!!!!!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the warmth of rose gold and I have always admired a setting posted on that other site a tension setting by PUR with a J coloured diamond. Heck even Queen Mum''s asscher in rose gold was gorgeous.
I would love too own something in rose gold (a cartier trinity ring) someday
1.gif

I say if you''ve tried on a rose gold setting and love the colour ON your hand then why not?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 7:22:21 PM
Author: simplysplendid
My girlfriend love rose gold but was recently advised against it for a wedding by a jeweler as according to the jeweler, with some time, the rose gold may turn to a copperish colour. I also had a rose gold ring that previously changed colour and I had it plated yellow gold.

So for your e-ring which is something that you will wear for a very long time, you may wish to stick to plat or white gold..
what if you kept it polished, or dipped in lemon juice/salt to get the pink color back?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all.

My diamond is in a white gold setting right now. Rose gold is just so pretty to me & I love the fact that I have not see anyone with a rg wedding set.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LadyKemma, I''ve never tried it.. I had my rose gold plated yellow.. but will suggest this to my girlfriends if theirs were to turn colour.. Thanks!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Would the diamond take on a pinkish hue? I think that would be lovely. If you do a search on rose gold you can find out more information on the tarnishing. One jeweler recommended a cleaner, but I can''t remember it''s name. I think it would make sense that 18K would tarnish less than 14K because it has less alloy.

No metal is perfect and all need maintenance. It''s just what''s best for you.

I''ve put in a request to hubby for a rose gold wedding band, so of course I think it''s a great idea.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I think the rose gold is beautiful, but I would try it on with your other jewelry-watches, and whatever else, to make sure that you like the way it all goes together. Rose gold is unique and it would be nice to have something different. I was considering doing an e-ring in rose gold but decided that for me, I was better going with platinum, and perhaps adding a yellow and rose gold diamond band that I could stack with the ring if I felt like changing it up a bit. I tend to change my mind about things as time goes on, so that was the best thing for me to do. I love being able to change tthe look of my jewelry by mixing and matching.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gail013 I really like your idea of a RG ring to stack to add variety. That way you''re not committed if this is a passing interest.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a big fan of rose gold and yellow gold together - just my taste - ad I''ve never liked that black hills gold that has all 3 - but I''ve never seen a combo of white gold or plat with rosegold until just now and I *LOVE* it!! here''s a link :)
http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1549

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results