shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I get an appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
I''m wondering if I should get an appraisal. I''m buying from one of the "community." It was in the clearance section, and has an old cert (GIA). There is still a 30 day return policy on the diamond (not the setting(i think).) As far as cut, I''ve seen all the analysis looked at all the images etc etc.. I''ve also looked at the stone in person, compared to other stones and i trust the vender (if that matters.)

Is there a reason for me to get an appraisal? ie: I''m happy, why should i?

Also, I''m trying to give her the ring one week from tomorrow.... So time is a constraint, since I don''t physically have the ring yet... if i decide to get one, is after I give it to her also appropriate?

thanks

Chris

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Chris,

Even if you trust the vendor, you should have it appraised. You will need an appraisal for insurance purposes - (unless the vendor you trust will supply you with all you need.). Never hurts to have a 2nd opinion on your stone. More peace of mind and no regrets later.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results