shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I consider this 1carot round from Blue Nile?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shinyside

Rough_Rock
Oops, I meant carat...

Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 61.1%
Table %: 57%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium blue
Measurements: 6.54x6.45x3.97 mm
Price: $6,016.00

I know it'll be more expensive than some of the pricescope diamonds... but are we talking about $200 more or $1000 more? I want to mount it in a white gold bezel.

Thanks!

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
...yeah I'll tell you now so that you can call them in the AM....

You won't get an answer on here until you call BN and get the crown and pavillion values. Those are needed to see if it's really a well cut diamond or not. They'll be able to give you that info.

GIA doesnt include this info on their forms, but AGS will which is what BN's signature collection is if I recall correctly.

shinyside

Rough_Rock
Thanks... I'll try calling them later today.

Han

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mondera have the same stone listed at more than $6600
1.gif

It could be good from depth and table

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 5/20/2003 9
6.gif
8:42 PM shinyside wrote:
Depth %: 61.1%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium blue
Measurements: 6.54x6.45x3.97 mm
Price: $6,016.00

I know it'll be more expensive than some of the pricescope diamonds... but are we talking about $200 more or $1000 more? I want to mount it in a white gold bezel.

--------------
Actually, it appears this price is a good one, providing the stone is indeed ideal cut. As mentioned, you really want the crown/pav angles.

I found the following 3 comparable diamonds on Whiteflash:

1.01, E, VS2, GIA cert; 60.9 depth; 55 table, $6172 - no fluor
1.01, E. VS2, GIA cert; 61.1 depth; 56 table, $6340 - faint fluor.
1.01, E, VS2, GIA cert; 61.9 depth; 58 table, $6734 - no fluor

They were actually more expensive than Blue Nile. If the stone from BN checks out with crown/pav angles, I'd say you are getting an excellent price.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
I didn't find the one you listed on BlueNile, but I did find this 1.01 E VS2 with AGSL cert.

Stock: LD00515575
Depth %: 60.2%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.52x6.54x3.93 mm
Price: $7,160.00

Table : 57%
Depth : 60.2%
Crown : 34.3
Pavil : 40.7

HCA : 0.9 EX/EX/EX/EX

aljdewey - can you pick the best out of the 3 from WF and run the numbers to compare to this one?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 5/21/2003 9:11:25 AM jlim wrote:

aljdewey - can you pick the best out of the 3 from WF and run the numbers to compare to this one?

----------------
Actually, no, I cannot. Whiteflash (and others, which apparently include BN) only post crown/pav angles on their superideal diamonds. I suspect Shinyside would have to email an inquiry to Whiteflash, and I'm sure they've provide this information to him.

Without those figures, I cannot run the HCA on them. Sorry

shinyside

Rough_Rock
The stone I originally posted is "on hold" which apparently means they take it off their online viewing list. They will e-mail me the crown and pavillion on this stone as soon as they measure it. I'm hopeful!

Thanks

jlim

Shiny_Rock
shinyside - the one I listed above from BlueNile, based on the HCA, seem to be a very very good diamond. But it cost $1000 more.

Maybe you can call WhiteFlash and get the other numbers for the diamonds aljdewey recommended and make a fair comparison.

shinyside

Rough_Rock
Booo... Blue Nile just mailed saying that they had sold the diamond just prior to me putting it on hold. Back to the search.

Thanks again

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Just an FYI for future reference, ShinySide,....

GIA does Sarin's on diamonds they Cert. It's not printed on the Cert., but the vendor/owner of the diamond can call GIA and get the info for you.

Many diamonds that appear in the Price Scope search are listed by 2 or more vendors. The vendors pull the diamonds off a "Multiple Listings" of diamonds available for sale by brokers. So, the vendor may not actually own a particular diamond you are interested in.

You should check out return periods, life-time upgrades, and other brass tacks, and carefully select the vendor you choose to do business with. Call several to chat and find the one that makes you feel the most comfortable as well.

Good Luck in your search!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results