shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy Tiffany metro hoops or have them custom made?

Mrs B

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a pair of diamond hoop earrings for years. I just found my dream pair: Tiffany and Co "Metro" hoops in the large size of 31mm diameter, 0.74 ct total. They cost $12,000, which I think is extremely overpriced.

I am thinking of having them custom made, however, I'm nervous that another jeweller won't be able to get them exactly the same. I just love them - they're the perfect size and setting for me and exactly what I have been looking for. The only way to get them to look exactly like this is to pay the $12K and for 0.74 of diamonds I think that's outrageous and you're really paying for all the money Tiffany spends on marketing etc. I'm not swayed by the blue box etc and wouldn't pay a premium for that, it's just the earrings that I love.

What would you do? Has anyone ever attempted a custom version of something and been disappointed? Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 9.11.26 am.png Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 9.11.36 am.png

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Have you googled around for something similar? I think they are lovely and also not terribly unique so that would probably be the best bang for the buck by far, if you can find it.

ETA: I agree that $12,000 is extremely overpriced!

ETA@: Oh, just realized I was replying to Mrs. B, so I'm sure you already know all this lol. Good luck with it! :)

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Have you googled around for something similar? I think they are lovely and also not terribly unique so that would probably be the best bang for the buck by far, if you can find it.

ETA: I agree that $12,000 is extremely overpriced!

ETA@: Oh, just realized I was replying to Mrs. B, so I'm sure you already know all this lol. Good luck with it! :)

Different Mrs. B. This user only has one thread.

I also think that OP you should look around to see if something is very similar because as the other person mentioned the design is not super unique but it might be easier to find a similar design that’s non-branded rather than try to custom make.

Mrs B

Rough_Rock
Hi Seaurchin! I have looked on google, online, and in-person stores for many years, but I've never found hoops like this which are thin and delicate. Most diamond hoops are thicker and blingier but what I love about these is that thin delicate look. Tiffany doesn't specify how wide the band of the hoops is, but I think it must be around 2mm.
I also like the way there is no chunky hinge on the bottom of the hoop. Most of the ones I have seen have a noticeable hinge.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Different Mrs. B. This user only has one thread.

I also think that OP you should look around to see if something is very similar because as the other person mentioned the design is not super unique but it might be easier to find a similar design that’s non-branded rather than try to custom make.

Thank you. I was confused because it didn't seem like a "Mrs. B" type question, so that makes sense!

Last edited:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Do you mean the large metro hoops? I believe those are 7,500, not 12,000

Mrs B

Rough_Rock

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I live in Australia, and they cost AU$12,400 here. I forgot to mention I live here.

Ah got it. Have you looked a Memoire? They seem to have some similar styles, at ~1/2 the price.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah got it. Have you looked a Memoire? They seem to have some similar styles, at ~1/2 the price.

Memoire has beautiful stuff.

I love Tiffany but agree that price, is well, silly. Estate and pre-loved sites may have yield, have both advantages and disadvantages in purchasing that route.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a pair of diamond hoop earrings for years. I just found my dream pair: Tiffany and Co "Metro" hoops in the large size of 31mm diameter, 0.74 ct total. They cost $12,000, which I think is extremely overpriced.

I am thinking of having them custom made, however, I'm nervous that another jeweller won't be able to get them exactly the same. I just love them - they're the perfect size and setting for me and exactly what I have been looking for. The only way to get them to look exactly like this is to pay the $12K and for 0.74 of diamonds I think that's outrageous and you're really paying for all the money Tiffany spends on marketing etc. I'm not swayed by the blue box etc and wouldn't pay a premium for that, it's just the earrings that I love.

What would you do? Has anyone ever attempted a custom version of something and been disappointed? Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 9.11.26 am.png Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 9.11.36 am.png

Over priced is an understatement!! :oops2: The earrings are nice but what you're paying for is the Tiffany's name. If that's important to you that's fine, but if not, I say keep shopping!!! ;)2

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results