shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this tennis bracelet?

What should I buy for my birthday for $3k-4k?

• Get the 4.5ctw tennis bracelet! It's a great deal!

• Go for ideal cut studs!

• Buy a tennis bracelet, but stick with a PS-preferred vendor!

• Work with IDJ to buy a bangle and maximize bling where you can see it!

• Something else?

Results are only viewable after voting.

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Hi all! My 30th birthday is coming up in a few months and I would like to get myself something nice. Since my budget is around $3-4k, I was originally planning to buy a nice set of studs. However, while browsing online last night, I found a 4.5ctw YG tennis bracelet I absolutely love within my budget--it's even less than what IDJ lists a 4ctw tennis bracelet for. I don't want to post too many details since I'm worried about the item being sniped (I've asked if they can hold it and am waiting to hear back), but the vendor has positive reviews on PS/online. They sent me some videos today and said the stones are 100% eye clean and F-G in color--the videos do look great, and the vendor also has an excellent return policy. After thinking about it today, I am leaning toward the tennis bracelet since I like the idea of being able to look at it all day long, and I think it would complement my e-ring. I also may have impulse-purchased some pink diamond earrings from xothebijouxbox last week... which makes me less excited about another pair of earrings :P2. One other idea I had was to split the difference and buy a bangle (I could probably splurge a little and go for the 2ctw WF bangle or see what IDJ can do for similar).

Given that I don't really have any investment pieces (aside from rings), and I'd like to stick with YG for non-earrings, what would you suggest I do? Should I take the plunge and order the bracelet? My goal here is to maximize bling while still getting a good value. I love my ACA e-ring but I don't know if I see myself spending $6k-8k for a 4-5ctw ACA tennis bracelet... I could see myself maybe going up to ~$4k for something from IDJ. I know it's subjective, but I'm curious what others think! Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions!

I would get the YG tennis bracelet for the bang for buck. You clearly prefer YG to WG which would be the only thing holding me back from getting a tennis. If they have an excellent return policy I would definitely get the bracelet first, and then test it out to see if i love it! I don’t find ACA necessary for a tennis bracelet, those stones are so tiny.

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Thanks for weighing in! I am definitely leaning toward purchasing the YG tennis bracelet, since it seems like I have nothing to lose with the return policy (aside from paying for/arranging insured return shipping if it doesn't work out). The price is also great, which appeals the the bargain-hunter part of my brain.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I know the bracelet you're looking at, and if so, I think you should go for it! It's a perfect size for an excellent price, definitely good "bang for the buck." With the return policy, you really have nothing to lose; if you get it and just aren't content with the diamonds, you can return and go another direction. I have had very smooth purchase and return experiences with this (suspected) vendor. I hope you do it and then show us lots and lots of pictures!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
I think I know the bracelet you're looking at, and if so, I think you should go for it! It's a perfect size for an excellent price, definitely good "bang for the buck." With the return policy, you really have nothing to lose; if you get it and just aren't content with the diamonds, you can return and go another direction. I have had very smooth purchase and return experiences with this (suspected) vendor. I hope you do it and then show us lots and lots of pictures!

Thanks, Ally! That makes me feel more confident about going forward with it. I peeked through your post history and I love the YG DK tennis bracelet you picked out for your birthday a few years back!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The YG bracelet sounds like a winner to me!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Update: Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the poll and in the comments. I ordered the bracelet! Will post an update with pics when it arrives.

Here is the product page. I skimmed through all the Ivy & Rose reviews on PS, their Etsy shop, and eBay store, mydiamondzone. The reviews seem to be consistently positive.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

I'd rather see you call Yekutal at ID jewelry and get a better bank for your buck I'm sure he can do a 4.5 diamond tennis bracelet with your budget and I really trust him.

lurkie91

Rough_Rock

I'd rather see you call Yekutal at ID jewelry and get a better bank for your buck I'm sure he can do a 4.5 diamond tennis bracelet with your budget and I really trust him.

I think that will be my plan B, if I'm not 100% satisfied with the bracelet once it arrives. I am really into the idea of a tennis bracelet now!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I’m so glad you got the tennis bracelet. After my my er, a tennis bracelet was the 2nd piece I wanted for my collection. I got my first tennis bracelet 15 years ago and got another one to stack a couple of years ago. I wear mine all the time (except during winter).

Please post pics once you get it!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Yay! I’m so glad you got the tennis bracelet. After my my er, a tennis bracelet was the 2nd piece I wanted for my collection. I got my first tennis bracelet 15 years ago and got another one to stack a couple of years ago. I wear mine all the time (except during winter).

Please post pics once you get it!

I love the look of tennis bracelets--poring over the tennis bracelet threads on PS and checking out all the blingy wrist shots definitely bumped it up a few notches on my wishlist. I will definitely follow up with pics when it arrives (hopefully later this week *fingers crossed*)!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! I'm so glad you bought it, I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous!! I'm so glad you bought it, I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Thanks Dandi! Ilya sent me an email this AM to let me know the order went through just fine and they are giving it a polish before sending it out. I can't wait to have it in my hands so I can give an update!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
It’s here! Ivy & Rose was nice enough to upgrade my shipping to overnight, so my bracelet arrived this morning. Below are some pictures. I’m over the moon with the quality! The stones are super gorgeous and bright white with no inclusions that I could find after examining each one. Ilya and his team could not have been more responsive and nicer to work with.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in and sharing your opinions. I’m so delighted with my new purchase!

00B8CA91-7643-4EF1-9EA7-36DEF2E0EFDD.jpeg
899D4DDD-2F4C-4F5F-92BA-14F01E560AD5.jpeg
1CD1BD48-1D5F-4856-BA32-923A1C9B355D.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!!! The size is perfect on you, and those white, crisp diamonds on the rich yellow gold is so stunning. Congrats on a beautiful purchase!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful! Wear it in good health!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Im very happy for you!! It’s beautiful and sparkly!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - enjoy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It looks great with your ring! Nice to find a good buy, too!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. Glad I can share my experience here! It was nice and sunny today so I spent a good amount of time in my sunroom enjoying the sparkles. I am so pleased with the quality (especially for the price) and happy I went for it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love it! It looks fab on you! Congrats!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, yaaay!! It's just beautiful (and your pictures are great)! I'm so glad you love it as much as you hoped! I think it's just perfect for easy, daily wearing. :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely bracelet! It pairs so nicely with your e-ring too!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Wear it in good health :kiss2:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here! Ivy & Rose was nice enough to upgrade my shipping to overnight, so my bracelet arrived this morning. Below are some pictures. I’m over the moon with the quality! The stones are super gorgeous and bright white with no inclusions that I could find after examining each one. Ilya and his team could not have been more responsive and nicer to work with.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in and sharing your opinions. I’m so delighted with my new purchase!

Congrats! It’s beautiful!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock

It’s gorgeous! Seriously beautiful with your e-ring! I actually just posted about my worries of setting my G color diamond in yellow gold but seeing these pics makes me feel less worried. These F-G diamonds look bright white next to the yellow gold. Stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results