shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

busterlvr

Rough_Rock
this info came from her paper that she bring to show me with the ring.
7.gif
Is something wrong with it or I should not post it online?

busterlvr

Rough_Rock
No ...I don''t think so..it did not look anything like that.I just called her and she said it was something like Gemological consulting from Seattle.Now she must think that I making a big deal out of it but I just want to know that it was okay ring to buy.I am a newbie here ...anyway thank you again for helping me looking into this matter...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the problem is that there''s no way to confirm that the stone she''s referring to is the stone on the report or if the report is even valid. That''s not to say your friend is taking you for a ride, she might just be uninformed as well. I don''t think I''d buy a stone or ring sight unseen.

Here''s what I''d do. If you can, ask her to agree in writing to a timeframe that will allow you to get the ring appraised and return it if need-be. If she agrees, have her send it (put a small deposit down maybe?) and then take it to an independent appraiser. I would not pay cash for this stone, buy it with something that will give you some protection, such as Paypal/credit card. I''m not an expert but I''d use the tools on this site and plug in those numbers to see what comparable stones are going for. Granted she''s a friend or acquaitance who might be cutting you a deal, but a super cheap stone would be a red flag for me.

Good luck!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t buy it. it''s not a good deal.

busterlvr

Rough_Rock
I don''t think I want to buy it now....4000 is a lot of money for me to get something unsure.I think it is better that I don''t make a deal and always be her friend.Come to think about it maybe it is not good for the friendship. Thank you again for advice... I am so glad that I found this site it was so much info about the diamond and a lot of things that I did not know before ...kind of nice to educated myself...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:00:20 PM
Author: JulieN
don''t buy it. it''s not a good deal.
ditto, even if the information is accurate...it''s still not that inexpensive and the table is pretty large.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results