shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

egs1

Rough_Rock
A few questions for the experts (most of you!). I'm leaving to the US tomorrow so any help would be appreciated.

How are the cut specs on this diamond? It got a 0.7 HCA...is that too low?

Is the pavillion and crown angle combo okay? Or is 40.6 too low?

Thanks!

GIA certified

Shape and Cutting Style: round brilliant
Measurements..... 6.97 x 6.99 x 4.25 mm
Weight................1.26 cts.
Proportions
Depth.................. 60.9.3%
Table................... 55%
Crown angle...........35 deg
Pavillion angle.........40.6 deg
Girdle................... medium, faceted
Culet.................... none
Finish
Polish................... excellent
Symmetry............. excellent
Clarity Grade.........VS1
Color Grade...........F
Fluorescence.........none

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone is a lot higher on the color/clarity scale than necessary, but everything else about this stone is great! An IS image would help. However, if you want to save money or go bigger you really really can go down to an H/SI and have the same appearance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2007 3:30:25 AM
Author: kcoursolle
The stone is a lot higher on the color/clarity scale than necessary, but everything else about this stone is great! An IS image would help. However, if you want to save money or go bigger you really really can go down to an H/SI and have the same appearance.
Ditto! This stone looks great, but you could go lower in color and clarity. H/SI or G/VS2 would still look excellent.

egs1

Rough_Rock
Thanks kcoursolle and Kim N,

Anyone else have an opinion of the cut? I''ve been reading that 40.6 PA could be too low, especially since GIA may round up from 40.5 deg. Is that right? I''m thinking about buying it tomorrow but if it is no good then I will keep looking.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 10:03:33 AM
Author: egs1
Thanks kcoursolle and Kim N,

Anyone else have an opinion of the cut? I''ve been reading that 40.6 PA could be too low, especially since GIA may round up from 40.5 deg. Is that right? I''m thinking about buying it tomorrow but if it is no good then I will keep looking.
Without an IS or ASET image, it would be impossible to say.

You might want to stick to more middle of the road specs, to be safe.

jaguar

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 3:32:39 AM
Author: Kim N

Date: 2/3/2007 3:30:25 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Ditto! This stone looks great, but you could go lower in color and clarity. H/SI or G/VS2 would still look excellent.
Ok, I know I am stealing someone else''s thread here, but what are the the rules around color and clarity for a princess cut? Is H/SI going to give me a similar appearance to say a F/VS1? Just curious. (I am looking for a nice princess cut ~1.5 carats.)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can afford it, I''d go higher than H.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results