shape
carat
color
clarity

should i buy this diamond, yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stylisch

Rough_Rock
only my second post, but from my first i learned a wealth of info (thanks pricescope!)

i was cruising whiteflash, and found this stone...

Price: $3,484.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.10
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 71.4
Table: 83
Girdle: TN
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.79 - 5.67 X 4.05
Length/Width: 1.02

what are your thoughts? after reading the tutorial here, it seams to me that clarity is the least important, where as cut and color are most important, this diamond seams like it falls into that range, please let me know!

i should also say, that im trying my best to stay under 4000 - 3500...

thanks! - matthew

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could be a winner...I don't know much about fancies. Table seems a bit big though.

Get an IdealScope image from WhiteFlash. This will show light return....it's crucial to determine how a fancy stone performs and not just use the numbers.

As for clarity, I believe that a princess stone MAY show inclusions more easily than a round, because a round brilliant tends to hide alot with it's myriad of facets and sparkles. But princesses don't sparkle like a round brilliant does, so inclusions may be more visible. I would definitely get Brian at WhiteFlash on the phone for this one to find out if it's eye clean. If it is and the IdealScope image shows great light return...then it could be a winner! I would also ask their opinion on the dimensions.

Here is another WF stone from their Expert Selection..it has an IdealScope image which is pretty good for a princess.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-548677.htm#

1.07 F SI2

It also is 5.86mm in diameter which means that this stone will look much bigger than the 1.10c you are considering, due to the specs on the other stone being a little more off. Plot looks very eye clean actually!

It's noted at $3700 on WF's page but usually they give a discount for Pscope customers....so it's worth checking into if you are interested.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The table is really large. Too large for my tastes. I'd prefer to stay 75%. Also, be sure to check the crown height: I would suggest at least 9%.
1.gif

highendgems

Rough_Rock
no large table and SI2 are going against it. you need SI1 at least. i'd go VS2 if you can.

although alot of people (even jewelers that buy for their wives) feel the importance is cut. color. clarity--they are wrong from a visual point of view.

the real way is cut. clarity. color. color will show up in stones cut poorly or with poor clarity or internal imperfections

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Re: SI2. Depends on position and color of the inclusion. Should be seing to tell.

Can be nice stone for the money.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Table and depth are rather large. Especially table. And get the crown height. Above 10% would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results