shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this 2.6 I SI2 from Whiteflash? just got the images and have 24 hours to decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And that should be to, not too.
20.gif
9.gif
It''s too early.
25.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 7:39:09 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/27/2008 7:31:05 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/27/2008 7:24:41 AM
Author: elle_chris
The appraisal went well thanks.
He confirmed the color, clarity etc and said it was a beautiful stone. Decided to keep it and it''s now in his office waiting for the wire transfer to go through.

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know how long the transfer should take? It was done through Citibank yesterday afternoon but as of this morning when my husband logged in, it said ''Pending Review''. Wondering what''s going on. This never happened before.
I would imagine it will go through sometime today. That would not be unusual for it to take 24 hours, or close too.

And yay! congrats!
I agree, if it was done yesterday afternoon, it may not be credited or hit their account until sometime later today, don''t worry!
I agree just worrying about the "pending REVIEW" part. it doesn''t just say "pending" so wondering what exactly they''re reviewing. hmm.

Ellen, not to worry. I''m always making typos and too lazy to edit half the time.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pending review might just be bank speak to mean it is in transit and hasn't hit an account yet.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
What an AWESOME stone!!!!!!!!! I''m in love.........
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I SI2 is so great IMO! I''ve had 2 SI2''s from WF and they are VERY honest and clear on their clarity assessments. I was never disappointed with their review of both of my SI2''s. The first was "almost" eye clean, the 2nd is.
36.gif
There ARE eye clean SI2''s! And if WF says it is, IT IS.
1.gif

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 11:24:36 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The 10 days begins when the ring is delivered, I believe. So even if they took the next two weeks to set it, your return period would not begin until it makes it to you.
whiteflash told me that if i waited too long to find a setting, then i won''t be able to return the stone after they send it to me. maybe i''m mistaken...gotta go back and read my emails again. that would be great though!! i am just very picky, so i want to take my time in choosing my setting instead of making any hasty decisions.

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
elle- i hope the wire goes through ok! sometimes if you post it too late in the day, it will go through the next day. good luck!! are you getting your setting from whiteflash too? what are you planning on doing with it?

jenn- thank you! that makes me feel even better about the stone!
9.gif

how come some of you guys have so many smiley options, and i just have a few? i feel like i don't have enough smiley options to express myself!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
After a few annoying calls to Citibank the wire went through. Apparently they have "issues" when large sums are sent.
20.gif

I''m not having it set at Whiteflash. I''m debating between the Sholdt semi-bezel that i''ve been coveting for a few years and then saw posted here... WAS AMAZING
30.gif
, and a Durnell setting that Pearlman has.

What about you, any ideas yet?
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2008 5:30:58 PM
Author: chitowngal

The 10 days begins when the ring is delivered, I believe. So even if they took the next two weeks to set it, your return period would not begin until it makes it to you.
whiteflash told me that if i waited too long to find a setting, then i won''t be able to return the stone after they send it to me. maybe i''m mistaken...gotta go back and read my emails again. that would be great though!! i am just very picky, so i want to take my time in choosing my setting instead of making any hasty decisions.
Oh, that is probably because they called the stone in and they don''t intend to keep it in inventory if you return it. If you don''t want to rush the setting, I''d go ahead and look at the stone so there is no problem returning it in the event you don''t like it.

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 5:42:22 PM
Author: elle_chris
After a few annoying calls to Citibank the wire went through. Apparently they have 'issues' when large sums are sent.
20.gif

I'm not having it set at Whiteflash. I'm debating between the Sholdt semi-bezel that i've been coveting for a few years and then saw posted here... WAS AMAZING
30.gif
, and a Durnell setting that Pearlman has.

What about you, any ideas yet?
9.gif
i haven't decided yet. i know i want a simple solitaire setting, so i'm having my whiteflash rep send me pictures. it's just so hard because i can't try on their settings before i purchase it...and i feel that settings look so different in person than they do magnified online.

i'm sure yours will look amazing! i off to search for pictures of those settings now!

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 5:46:11 PM

Oh, that is probably because they called the stone in and they don''t intend to keep it in inventory if you return it. If you don''t want to rush the setting, I''d go ahead and look at the stone so there is no problem returning it in the event you don''t like it.
i think that you are right, diamondseeker. any reason why they wouldn''t want to keep it in-house??

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 5:50:36 PM

i haven''t decided yet. i know i want a simple solitaire setting, so i''m having my whiteflash rep send me pictures. it''s just so hard because i can''t try on their settings before i purchase it...and i feel that settings look so different in person than they do magnified online.

i''m sure yours will look amazing! i off to search for pictures of those settings now!
That''s one of the reasons I''m not comfortable doing it online. Need to see it with my own eyes and try it on.

Good luck and please post pics of what you''re considering. I need more ideas anyway!!
31.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I have got my ering sitting in the safe. WF Classic 6 prong in YG, with the ROUNDED band - yum! I *might* be able to convince my darling to open it up and let me take some piccies of the round band in real life for you and post them tonight! He has told me I can take handshots to post here, but it didn''t seem right without being officially engaged, so I am sure he would be happy to have a little photoshoot - I havn''t seen it for two days and I miss it already!!!

Let me know. It''s a baby compared to yours though, 0.8ct but you will get an idea of the band. I love it
30.gif

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 6:46:43 PM
Author: honey22
Hi there! I have got my ering sitting in the safe. WF Classic 6 prong in YG, with the ROUNDED band - yum! I *might* be able to convince my darling to open it up and let me take some piccies of the round band in real life for you and post them tonight! He has told me I can take handshots to post here, but it didn''t seem right without being officially engaged, so I am sure he would be happy to have a little photoshoot - I havn''t seen it for two days and I miss it already!!!

Let me know. It''s a baby compared to yours though, 0.8ct but you will get an idea of the band. I love it
30.gif

hey honey22! i was wondering where you went. thanks for checking back!!
i would LOVE to see some pictures!!! it sounds beautiful!! i''m sure you can convince him to let you have a photoshoot
12.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2008 5:52:03 PM

Date: 2/27/2008 5:46:11 PM

i think that you are right, diamondseeker. any reason why they wouldn''t want to keep it in-house??
I really don''t know, but my guess is that they prefer to keep their own stones in-house.

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
whiteflash sent me these settings with over 2 carat stones.
30.gif

sleek line

SleekLine.jpg

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
tiffany knife edge

thoughts??

TiffanyKnifeEdge.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

Chitown, the reason we wouldn’t want to keep the stone inhouse in purely economic; it has nothing to do with the beauty of the stone you''re considering. If we were in the business of buyhing other people’s stones, this would be a great purchase.

Unlike other internet dealers, Whiteflash produces its own goods in the A Cut Above brand. We are committed to buying rough and producing our branded stones. Since investing in our own brand is our priority, we’d rather invest our capital into our own brand instead of buying another dealer''s stones.

We’re also in the business of providing a service, so if you don’t find something within our goods that fits your needs, we’re happy to offer our services in helping you find a stone outside our inventory. When we source a stone, we are often on a limited return window ourselves.

Beyond that, we have great relationships with the dealers we order stones from, and we do our best to extend every professional courtesy to them, too. If you love the stone, we want you to keep it, but if it’s not the one for you, we want to be prompt in returning it to the dealer so he’s able to offer it to other interested parties.

There is a way to secure the stone without having to hastily choose a setting. Many clients in your same position have simply had their stones set into inexpensive solitaire settings as temporary measures. This lets them take their time decided on settings, and they have their stones reset when the pick their dream settings. If you end up choosing one of our custom settings, we refund up to 50% of the cost of the solitaire mounting.

Hope this information is helpful to all.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 11:29:18 PM
tiffany knife edge

thoughts??
Chitowngal -- What are you initial thoughts on either setting?

What do you like/dislike about either of them?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like the rounded one, definitely!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey there! I have not forgotten you! I have spent the last hour trying to take photos - THIS IS NOT EASY
32.gif
29.gif

I have a headache already! Now the damn camera has run out of battery and in on charge. Ironically the only photos that are coming out nice are handshots and I don''t want to post those until it''s official - I will perservere. Maybe check back later or tomorow and I can post some! This is taking forever!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It isn''t easy. You''ll get it!
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty! I have posted some pics in SMTR - Honeys Ring Part 2. They just don''t do it justice, but you will get an idea of the rounded band anyway.

After they have been resized they really lose something - need a new camera to take ring photos! Told SO this tonight and all I got was a resounding NO! I DON"T WANT TO EVEN HEAR ABOUT IT!!! Guess I used up my puppy dog face on the ering, ultrasonic cleaner, jewellers loupes..............

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 5:50:18 AM
Author: honey22
Alrighty! I have posted some pics in SMTR - Honeys Ring Part 2. They just don't do it justice, but you will get an idea of the rounded band anyway.

After they have been resized they really lose something - need a new camera to take ring photos! Told SO this tonight and all I got was a resounding NO! I DON'T WANT TO EVEN HEAR ABOUT IT!!! Guess I used up my puppy dog face on the ering, ultrasonic cleaner, jewellers loupes..............
lol.gif

Got a birthday coming up??
9.gif
Seriously though, if your handshots are coming out well, it may not totally be the camera. Have you read strm's thread on taking bling shots in Hangout? That might help!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
chitown, I am loving the rounded band. Are you going to do like Honey''s (gorgeous BTW!), the rounded band with the Tiff head? Or the 4 prong with the rounded band?

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 12:26:19 AM
Author: Allison D.

Chitown, the reason we wouldn’t want to keep the stone inhouse in purely economic; it has nothing to do with the beauty of the stone you''re considering. If we were in the business of buyhing other people’s stones, this would be a great purchase.

Unlike other internet dealers, Whiteflash produces its own goods in the A Cut Above brand. We are committed to buying rough and producing our branded stones. Since investing in our own brand is our priority, we’d rather invest our capital into our own brand instead of buying another dealer''s stones.

We’re also in the business of providing a service, so if you don’t find something within our goods that fits your needs, we’re happy to offer our services in helping you find a stone outside our inventory. When we source a stone, we are often on a limited return window ourselves.

Beyond that, we have great relationships with the dealers we order stones from, and we do our best to extend every professional courtesy to them, too. If you love the stone, we want you to keep it, but if it’s not the one for you, we want to be prompt in returning it to the dealer so he’s able to offer it to other interested parties.

There is a way to secure the stone without having to hastily choose a setting. Many clients in your same position have simply had their stones set into inexpensive solitaire settings as temporary measures. This lets them take their time decided on settings, and they have their stones reset when the pick their dream settings. If you end up choosing one of our custom settings, we refund up to 50% of the cost of the solitaire mounting.

Hope this information is helpful to all.
thanks for giving such a thorough response, allison! i guess my next question would be, if this is a stone that you are not going to keep in-house, what about the upgrade policy? does it still apply? if i decide to upgrade one day in the far far far future
2.gif
, what will whiteflash do with the stone?

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the responses everyone!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

sparks- i like the rounded band of the sleek line setting because it looks so smooth and flowy, but i like the head of the tiffany knife edge because it''s six prong. i think one of the things holding me back from REALLY looking at 4 prongs is because 1. i''m afraid of the security of the stone, and 2. i want to cover the sides up since the stone is an ''I'' and might be warmer from the sides. i''m not sure if i''ve ever seen a VERY well cut ''I'' in real life, so it''s hard for me to judge.

however, i kinda like the knife edge too, but am worried about the durability of the band (i can see it getting dented easily) and the overall comfort of it.

imdanny- i like the rounded one too!! that is what i originally described in a past thread, and after looking at honey''s ring, i am leaning towards that one again! my mind just keeps changing everyday. i hope that once i finally get my ring i will stop getting new ideas
11.gif
4.gif

angeline- i cannot decide! i have visions of rings in my head all day...i think obsessively searching on pricescope (i think i''ve just about searched with every word combination possible) is not helping my decisiveness!
32.gif

honey22- i just left you a comment on your thread! THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the pictures!!! your ring is gorgeous and just makes me rethink my rethinking!! i cannot wait for hand pics!!!!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 10:40:11 AM
thanks for giving such a thorough response, allison! i guess my next question would be, if this is a stone that you are not going to keep in-house, what about the upgrade policy? does it still apply? if i decide to upgrade one day in the far far far future
2.gif
, what will whiteflash do with the stone?
Great question, Chitown.
1.gif

This stone meets all the requirements for our trade-up policy, and you can rest assured that you will be able to trade this in the future if you wish in accordance with that policy. Our requirements for upgrade can be found here.

This is a GIA-graded stone that Brian has personally evaluated and recommended.

If we were to receive this stone back within a trade-up policy today, it''s likely we''d offer it in our Expert Selection inventory which focuses on stones that are handpicked as quality stones offering value for the money. I spoke with Brian about this stone last night, and he again remarked that it''s a beautiful stone at an excellent value.

Of course, the far, far future may hold even more options that we haven''t even imagined today.
9.gif

Hope this is helpful!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh SLEEK LINE over the tiffany one big time!! i just love the sleek line and how HUGE it makes the stone look. yummy.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi there again, thanks for your lovely comments! I was thinking, if you are still leaning towards the setting I have, you can let Lesley know at WF that I am happy for her to give you my email address and I can send you higher quality pics if you want (are we even allowed to say that here?!). They look so much better before you resize them and you will get a better idea of what it looks like. Just tell Lesley you want Honey''s email address, or pass your one via WF maybe?!

The band is supposed to be 2.2mm approx (the original setting is 2.5mm and they shaved it down) but it looks bigger than that. I would have liked thinner but that can''t be done without affecting the integrity of the setting I believe. I had the stone set as low as possible too. I think the 2.5mm band will be fine with your rock though, and even the 2.2mm would be awesome. I love the look of a tiny band on a solitaire.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
chitown, how lucky of you to find such a great stone at such a great price!

your stone is EXACTLY what i want for my upgrade! 2.6ct I SI2! and eye clean to boot!

i cannot wait to see the finished ring.

oh and to answer your setting question, i choose sleek line over the tiffany knife edge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results