shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy from the net...then what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bleuangel7

Rough_Rock
What is the opinion of buying from a source off the internet...for a purchase under $1000? I looked at the site suggested here (dirtcheapdiamonds.com) and they appear to have a lot of credibility. What do you think and what is my next step after I receive the diamond? Do I just take that to a jewler and have them set it into a ring? Thanks
:confused:

MelissaS.

Rough_Rock
I would like to know more information on what you are looking for. There are many credible Jewlers online. I suggest researching the companies and their policies more. A few things I would recommend looking for are how the diamonds are graded (GIA,EGL,IGL etc.), the return policy, if they offer any type of lifetime guarantee.

Some sites will offer benefits that others will not, such as; Free cleaning and inspection of the item, trade up programs, lifetime guarantees on the craftmanship, mounting,sizing and shipping for free and some will even match the price of other jewelers depending on if the quality of the diamonds match.

It is still a benefit to buy online if you plan to spend $1000 or less, due to the taxes. If you research the sites , you may not pay any taxes.

You should decide on what you want. If you have to go into a physical store location and compare the diamonds by color and clarity to get an idea of what you prefer and then search the net for the best price on the specs that appealed to you from your research.

Good luck with your Diamond search.:wavey:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/24/2002 11:58:16 AM

What is the opinion of buying from a source off the internet...for a purchase under $1000? I looked at the site suggested here (dirtcheapdiamonds.com) and they appear to have a lot of credibility. What do you think and what is my next step after I receive the diamond? Do I just take that to a jewler and have them set it into a ring? Thanks
:confused:
----------------

You can read this article on www.pricescope.com about safely buying online:

https://www.pricescope.com/isitsafe.asp

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results