shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy diamond jewellery in Antwerp?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi,

New to this forum and just getting familiar with diamonds. My sister is getting married and I would like to gift her diamond earrings and a diamond pendant. I will be travelling to Antwerp and Amsterdam next month. Should I buy them from there (is it less expensive/good designs)or should I buy them for her when I visit her in India?
I may even buy a diamond necklance as a present on behalf of my parents, if it works out better in Antwerp or Amsterdam.

Appreciate suggestions.

Thanks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My priority is excellent cut at great prices
I can get that shipped to my door, from PS vendors.

Just because diamonds may pass through India or Antwerp that doesn't mean you as a tourist will be able to find diamonds that are better cut or cheaper there.
Shipping across the globe is a negligible part of a diamond's cost.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As Kenny noted, you''re not necessarily going to get a better deal simply because you''re walking through one of the world famous diamond districts - there are many shops which make a great living operating on that assumption however, they sell to people who are caught up in the romance of their adventure (which is totally fine as long as people realize it) and are often not quality conscious, price conscious, buying based upon comparison of price / quality, etc...

That said, one of the PS regulars is a diamond cutter in Antwerp... It''s like any other diamond district, it operates on different levels based upon the volume / expenditure of your purchase... One level for cutters, dealers, wholesalers and 32 levels of "deals" to be found by the public based upon their level of experience - just like the diamond districts here in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results