shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I Buy an Ideal scope Kit? and more Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Hi again Guys..

1. I saw the Ideal scope Kit and It seems like a nifty little tool to gaugue light return on a Well cut diamond..or discern from a Bad cut. Anyone use one of these..and If any experts want to chip in on the effectiveness of this thing?..

2. Idependent appraisers.. How do you can you trust they are not getting Kickbacks? and does Mr. Atlas have any Offices near New York City..North Jersey? Can someone Reccomend a A Trully independent appraiser? *Remember I''m the paranoid guy who just read R. Cuellars Book.. Damm him!*

3. I''m proposing in Rome..Italy.. And I''m a Nervous Friggin Wreck.. where should I get Insurance once I get the diammond appraised?

If these questions have been asked before..My Apologies.. I''m still getting used to the forum and I cant seem to find answers to these questions using the search feature.. Any help would be appreciated..

Ray
eek.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rockyray,

I bought one to help me with my diamond search, and I love, love, love it! Especially helps weed out the bad ones that the jeweler says are great! No fooling that puppy. A word of caution - don't let it out of your hands, it seems to become the salespeople's favorite toy really fast.
10.gif

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Ok Thank You..I'm purchasing one right now..I'm going to see a few Dealers and I want o have something to Help me out other than the 3 pages of Info on princess cuts and all my notes.. A bit obseesed? Heh.. I had this one lady at a Mall shop tell me that I was asking too many questions that are not relevant to the "Total visual and emotional value" of the diamonds they sold.. I Stood there silently for about 10 seconds and And I just walked away.."Sir?" "Sir?" was all I heard in the backround.. I dont like being BS'ed and I'm scared of being taken for a ride.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You really cannot be sure about who might kickback to someone. It takes many years to develop a good reputation and trust. Only takes a few seconds to destroy it, however.

An honest appraiser is rarely a rich one. While one can make a nice lving at it, few even do that well. Be very cautious about the appraisers who seem rich from their work in some extraordinary way. Maybe there are a few who have succeeded to that point, but very few.

Don't use an appraiser who has been the only one insisted upon by the seller. That smells bad. Otherwise, check out the appraisers reputation, their credentials and experience in order to select one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results