shape
carat
color
clarity

should I Build or buy it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4themrs

Rough_Rock
I am looking at getting a ring for my wife''s 40th b-day. I have been looking around PS and have some companies in mind.
No laughing, but here goes:
I wanted to get the pros thoughts on the idea of buying a stone and the a setting(ring) to mount it to or should I buy ring on its own, instead of all the extra work?
what are the pros and cons for doing it piece mill vs buying ring already in a setting/girdle?
thanks!

DBM

Shiny_Rock
do you want to receive the diamond as a loose stone or do you just mean to buy a loose diamond from one company and then have it shipped to another company who''ll be providing you the setting?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I greatly prefer to choose a diamond first (loose). You can be a lot more picky and get just what you want. You can also find out a lot more about a stone if it is not set. Most of us around here want to hand select our diamonds based on cut and then color and clarity so we like to compare lots of diamonds before we buy. If you deal with a popular online vendor like Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, or Blue Nile, that is pretty much the way it is done. Do you know what type of setting you are looking for? The easiest thing to do, though you don''t have to go this route, is to find a setting you want and then try to get the diamond from the same place. This isn''t always possible but it is much less headache.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results