shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be worried about this large looking knot?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Yeah...um....That's part of the reason I wouldn't recommend buying from them. They don't offer pictures/videos or any other necessary images to make an informed decision on what stone to buy online....

I'd *highly* recommend:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.69-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-sku-164079

Put it on hold ASAP and request an ideal scope image. Also ask them if that inclusion can be hidden by a prong which it looks like it can. But seriously, put it on hold ASAP.

MaximusCruiser

Shiny_Rock
VS2 should be rather safe, no?

Either way... please call BN to put the diamond on hold for 48hours before putting up such a post, with the BN link. All sorts of people online so you won't want someone who like what they see and place a booking on the diamond before you. Better safe than sorry.

delight

Shiny_Rock
You might want to get Bluenile's opinion on that stone if they have access to it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1373688107|3482217 said:
Yeah...um....That's part of the reason I wouldn't recommend buying from them. They don't offer pictures/videos or any other necessary images to make an informed decision on what stone to buy online....

Well...in all fairness, they offered the GIA cert and that is what, after all, alerted the potential buyer to what was of concern to him. When I was first buying diamonds on-line, certs were the only assessment tool available to diamond consumers. I am not trying to tell you not to inform consumers about which vendors offer which options, but to imply that a GIA cert offers no information and disclosure is a bit unfair.

AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
warriors40|1373687490|3482214 said:
http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-ideal-cut-g-color-vs2-clarity_LD03474270

Everything is right about this stone except for the rather large looking knot on the cert. Should I be concerned?
1.51, G, VS2, 3X, 0.8 HCA score, no fluorescent

Thanks

I just reread this. By definition a VS2 clarity diamond is described as having inclusions that "are very difficult to see under a 10x power magnification, and are almost never visible to the unaided eye". GIA grades strictly. VS2 is VS2. You won't see the inclusions. This isn't an SI1. There's no question. It won't compromise the strength of the diamond. What's the issue?

Deb/AGBF

warriors40

Rough_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't get an image when I click on that link. I am taken to a place where one can sign into a g-mail account. Did you contact the "experts" at Blue Nile as they exhort you to do on their website? I would ask them everything you can think of to ask about it!

AGBF
:saint:

warriors40

Rough_Rock
Sorry, first time attaching images to Pricescope. Here it is. I asked bluenile to verify that it is eye clean and point out the inclusion on the magnified image but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks

1.51 G VS2
ld03474270_rd_1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...I cannot vouch for something I haven't seen, but I sure do like the picture of it! Make sure Blue Nile comes across with the info.

Deb
:wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
warriors40 said:
Sorry, first time attaching images to Pricescope. Here it is. I asked bluenile to verify that it is eye clean and point out the inclusion on the magnified image but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks

1.51 G VS2
ld03474270_rd_1.jpg

If that's not eye clean, I don't know what is! I can't see anything even when I enlarge the image to my full iPhone screen width. Looks like a beaut to me!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1373771628|3482644 said:

Well...in all fairness, they offered the GIA cert and that is what, after all, alerted the potential buyer to what was of concern to him. When I was first buying diamonds on-line, certs were the only assessment tool available to diamond consumers. I am not trying to tell you not to inform consumers about which vendors offer which options, but to imply that a GIA cert offers no information and disclosure is a bit unfair.

AGBF

That's not at all what i was saying. I wasn't aware that they did pictures (which is what I was referring to), but I do know that they do not offer ideal scope images or aset images which is again what I was talking about. If you're going to buy online, IMO those are things you should be looking at. At least they showed him a picture.

OP - the stone looks fine. If you're happy with it, good luck!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1373818886|3482837 said:
AGBF|1373771628|3482644 said:

That's not at all what i was saying. I wasn't aware that they did pictures (which is what I was referring to), but I do know that they do not offer ideal scope images or aset images which is again what I was talking about. If you're going to buy online, IMO those are things you should be looking at. At least they showed him a picture.

OP - the stone looks fine. If you're happy with it, good luck!

Sorry. I don't understand. What wasn't at all what you were saying?

Deb

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1373822203|3482864 said:

Deb

That BN didn't offer GIA reports and that they "weren't enough". My point is that if you're going to buy online it's better to have more than just a GIA report. There have been cases of stones that didn't even have the correct GIA report posted online...so I was just pointing out that it'd be better to go with a vendor that provides pictures/asets/ideal scopes....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1373829963|3482912 said:
AGBF|1373822203|3482864 said:

That BN didn't offer GIA reports and that they "weren't enough". My point is that if you're going to buy online it's better to have more than just a GIA report. There have been cases of stones that didn't even have the correct GIA report posted online...so I was just pointing out that it'd be better to go with a vendor that provides pictures/asets/ideal scopes....

OK. I understand your point. As I said above, I think it is a perfectly valid service to newcomers to point out which tools each vendor has available.

Deb
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results