shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be worried about these inclusions on this GIA Report?

white_gts

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have recieved the GIA report for a stone that I am interested in. Before I actually make an appointment to see the stone I wanted to know if these markings are on any bad spots of the actual stone or if it looks ok. I hope these markings are not actually visable by the naked eye.

1.20 CARAT E color SI2
Excellent Cut
VG Polish
VG Sym

measurements 6.84.6.89 x 4.18mm
Slightly Think

Comments and inputs are welcome

white_gts

Rough_Rock
Here is the GIA Report

gia888888.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only way to know if the inclusions are visible to you is to define what "visible" means - from all angles? from the top? from 6" or 20" with 20/20 vision?

Then ask a trusted vendor or have the stone shipped to you to look at. Inclusion plot tells you that they are there are but nothing about how visible they are.

It is a larger SI2. Be prepared to see something from some angles from some distances in some lights.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
such a large grade setting cloud, at SI2 level, might also have a degrading effect on the light performance. Best to get it independently appraised.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 6:40:41 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
such a large grade setting cloud, at SI2 level, might also have a degrading effect on the light performance. Best to get it independently appraised.
This is a very important point, be careful of grade making clouds in SI2 clarity grades as these can sometimes have a negative effect on performance.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 9:05:52 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/30/2010 6:40:41 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
This is a very important point, be careful of grade making clouds in SI2 clarity grades as these can sometimes have a negative effect on performance.
Ditto.

But from the cert I am not totally optimistic it will be eye clean either. See it is person before you decide. Finding an eye clean SI2 can be a great value but it also takes time and you will likely have to see or call in a number of diamonds to find "the one". Me, I'd drop color to G and then look for an SI1.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey at least there are no feathers, aka cracks.

Instead of considering an E SI2 I'd look for F/G VS2 for the same price.

You are paying a huge honking premium for an E but it has lots of pollution in it.
F is still icy white.

Edit: I don't mean to criticize SI2s by using the term, pollution.
Even VVS1s have "pollution".
Even F and IFs would too, if you look with higher magnification than the standard grading 10x.

It just seems E SI2 is a lopsided combo if you are concerned about inclusions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results