shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be worried about the inclusions

deeman

Rough_Rock
Sorry one final question for the community. I have the following stone reserved but I am wondering about the inclusions. While BG state they are eye clean and I have no reason to doubt that I am aware of the inclusion when I watch the video.

By comparison, when I look at the following diamond I can't see any inclusions even on the blown up images

But I am concerned about a HCA score of 0.6 for this diamond compared to an HCA of 1.2 of the stone I have reserved

Am I being silly and overly nervous about this? Are there any other watch outs I should be aware of?

Thank you once again for all of your help

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
i think if its a VS1 you shouldn't be able to see the inclusion. are you able to return or exchange the stone if you're unhappy with it? im sure there are way more expert opinions that can be offered to you here but mine lol, but the stone looks pretty nice.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think you will be fine with a VS1 stone. It’s unlikely that you will be able to see inclusions without magnification in either stone. I would guess also without studying the diamonds closely that these two diamonds are equally well cut being that they are both BG signature hearts and arrows diamonds.

deeman

Rough_Rock
I think you will be fine with a VS1 stone. It’s unlikely that you will be able to see inclusions without magnification in either stone. I would guess also without studying the diamonds closely that these two diamonds are equally well cut being that they are both BG signature hearts and arrows diamonds.

Thanks coda72, can you shed any light on why one BGD diamond would return a HCA score of 0.6 and the other 1.2. I though the general advice on pricescope was a HCA of between 1 and 2 is the preferred score, so slightly surprised that a signature cut is scoring 0.6.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don’t need to use the HCA on AGS stones as they have already been checked for light performance and I would not be worried about inclusions in a VS1 stone.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The HCA difference is due to the difference in pavilion angles. But remember, the HCA is blind to the actual diamond and how all of its facets were fashioned to work together.

In context: An HCA result is useful for placing unknown, anonymous diamonds within broad classifications. It's like having a chalk-outline of a person. You get the gist of shape, but no detail.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results