shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be worried about med blue fluor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ring shopper

Rough_Rock
I found a 1.72 D VS2 Hearts & Arrows with medium blue fluorescence for $16,000. What should be the standard discount on medium blue? Would the medium blue make a difference on the appearance of the diamond? Please advise. :wavey:

larry

Rough_Rock
If a diamond has extremely strong flourescence it can appear oily or cloudy. I think thet you should be OK with a medium flourescence but you might want to compare it beside a diamond without flourescence first. Why such a high color grade?

ring shopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks Larry...but I'm not sure if the price is reasonable considering what I'm getting? I feel like I should get a better deal because of the med blue fluor. :confused:

larry

Rough_Rock
Diamonds are usually discounted slightly in price due to flourescence. You could probably save a lot more $$$ if you went down a color grade or many color grades. If you chose a diamond based on an excelent cut and let the color and clarity go down as low an H color and a clarity of SI1 with a good cert (AGS, GIA and double check EGL) you should have a diamond that is absolutly beautiful. If you are absolutly worried about color go down to an F and compare it to a D, I bet you can not see the color difference.

:))

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
I think I remember reading that you should expect a 5% discount for med blue, 10% for strong blue, and 15-20% for very strong or extremely strong blue.

Although from what I have read medium blue is nothing to be concerned about, you really need to inspect the stone to see if there is any noticable negative effect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results