shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be happy with this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Ok I do realize that this was a relatively cheap setting but I just don't have a warm and fuzzy over the craftsmanship. The 2 parts where the band splits and goes up to meet the diamond's sides just looks messed up to me. Some of the corners look sharp while others look rounded.

So, should I be upset by this or is this just what I should expect from such small spaces and shapes.

Inside that space also seems to be rough and unsmoothed.

badsidesmall.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
There is also a small but noticeable nick on this picture on the left side in the gap near the separation point.

bettersidesmall.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a cheaply made ring for sure. It''s what you should expect if you paid very little for it...how much was it?

cwcain

Rough_Rock
$725 from a well respected vendor from this site. I have refrained from name dropping at this time.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you''re unhappy with the workmanship and quality, then you should bring it up with the vendor.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
There are no "shoulds" about it. If you don''t like it, you don''t like it. And if you''re seeing flaws that you are not happy with, then you probably won''t like them any better later on. Is there any chance of returning it? If so, I say go for it. If not, I guess it''s good it wasn''t very expensive.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:27:19 PM
Author: cwcain
$725 from a well respected vendor from this site. I have refrained from name dropping at this time.

Well if those are diamonds on the sides that is pretty cheap. But I personally would still return it. It just looks off.

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Could this be an isolated incident or are all of their settings of this model like this? I''d like to think I got a bad setting and that the rest of their products are good to go.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 8:20:09 PM
Author: cwcain
Could this be an isolated incident or are all of their settings of this model like this? I''d like to think I got a bad setting and that the rest of their products are good to go.
We don''t know, you''d need to ask the jeweler.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Contact the vendor. And the answer to your question is NO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results