shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be afraid...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ready

Rough_Rock
of an EGL-LA diamond? First, assume that I definitely AM going to have it appraised prior to purchase by an independent appraiser to make sure it's as represented.

If an appraisal (or maybe 2 separate ones) vouch for the authenticity of the grading, do I not have AS GOOD of a stone, everything else being equal with cut, as a GIA or AGS? In fact, could I not send it to one of these labs to make it GIA or AGS certed (not that I would necessarily want/need to).

This is not an investment, I will not look to get my money out of it ever. I just want to make sure it is a good stone and that I'm not overpaying. The specs on the actual stone I'm getting appraised on Monday are in my previous post.

Thanks to all who have been helping me here!

Greentree

Rough_Rock
I'm glad you recognize that the purchase of a diamond is a luxury and not an investment. If you have read the tutorials, you already know generally what characterizes a high quality diamond from a low quality one. The EGL cert is nothing to worry about since you are going to seek the advice of an independent appraiser before purchase anyway. If you are satisfied with the quality of the diamond and the appraiser says its price is not out of line, go for it!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I agree w/ Greentree.

It seems like you have all the bases covered. If you like the stone, and it checks out to be what you want - then go for it.

Good luck from a girl w/ a 3c EGL certed stone and no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results