shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be able to wiggle my diamond slightly??

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I just received my e-ring from BGD last week, and I noticed today that I can wiggle/spin it side to side every so slightly (but I definitely can). Is that normal?! I emailed them but haven't heard back yet and thought I'd see what y'all thought. Seems too soon to need to have my prongs tightened!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It should not slide or spin at all. It is not big deal to have it tightened, but you don't want to give it to just anyone to do for you. Tightening is generally a no problem thing, but on rare occasions results in damage to the prongs or the diamond....very rarely!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you should not be able to move the diamond within the prongs.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Oldminer and slg! I heard from BGD and they said to send it back to them to have the prongs tightened. I would definitely prefer they do it rather than a B&M jeweler, I just hate that I have to be without it again! :((

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With new purchase repair work, from BGD or anyone else, it's ALWAYS advisable to have the seller do the work or at least have them contract with whoever does. There's a huge potential headache if you have a problem and there's a debate if it was part of the original problem, a sloppy repair, or both. Add to that the fact that the seller shouldn't be charging you and someone else quite reasonably will and it's a slam dunk decision.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, nor a good thing, let BGD fix it. They will hopefully get it back to you really fast! And make sure shipping is on their dime since it is likely their error ;)) I am sure they will offer, but if not, ask.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Denver and Dreamer. I will definitely have BGD fix it. They just asked if I can send it off on Thurs or Fri but I am seeing my family this weekend and want to show it to them. Then the following weekend is my bachelorette party and I have to have it for that, of course! So I am hoping if I send it off on Monday I can get it back by Friday...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are going to wear the ring with a loose diamond please be VERY careful.

I'd keep safe it in the case and only bring it out for a moment to share it, then put it back in the box.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Good advice, Kenny, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results