shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I add milgrain to bezel WF Cameron solitaire?

tagafabo

Rough_Rock
Hello Fellow PS’ers!

In March of this year I purchased together a 3/4 u-prong eternity band and a 2.5ct ACA which I chose to set into a four prong solitaire. This May while at a Memorial Day event, I looked down at my ring and noticed that one of the four prongs was sticking straight up! Luckily the diamond was ok. When I purchased the original setting I questioned myself as to how safe it would be, as I am a ring-killer. I've already had to have a diamond replaced in my Annette U-Prong. :shock:

For protection against my own self I decided to have the diamond set into the Cameron bezel setting. It hasn’t been completed yet, I just received pictures today to show me it's progress and how this new setting will work with my Annette band. They had to raise the head of the solitaire ring to accommodate my u-prong band.

I am truly happy with what I see! I love the simplicity of a solitaire with a diamond band. I am not sure if the bezel is too bold. I wondered if it needed milgrain. I asked my sales person her thoughts and she thought it would look great, but has never seen a Cameron ring with milgrain.

I seriously am going back and forth and am having a hard time making a decision. Driving myself crazy. I have read that milgrain wears down ... not a good thing for a ring killer. I'm starting to lean towards leaving it be.

Anyone out there have the Cameron with milgrain? Or a similar ring? Please tell me your thoughts whether to milgrain or not. Thanks in advance! :D

(Below is a stock Annette band, not mine)

Side.jpg
Top.jpg
Semi-Custom.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this look! How exciting! I think that if you want to add milgrain to the bezel, then it needs to be thinner and the shank softened. I think milgrain on the bezel as it is now would be distracting and possibly chunky.

I adore the look!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where would the milgrain go? I mean on what surface? On the outer edge of each side of the shank? Keeping the brushed/stain finish?

Milgrain is more!of a vintage/antique vibe, while that bezel setting and metal finish is more modern/contemporary.

I'm sure it technically can be done, but you are wise to hold off until you can see an actual example.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i would leave it as is. It is striking without the milgrain and I think it works beautifully with the eternity ring. The milgrain would distract, in my opinion.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bezels and I love them. I also have milgrain on them. I personally love the look. I think it adds a little oomph to the sleek bezel.

Might I suggest one thing? I have a bezel with an open gallery and one of my diamond bands rubbed against the center stone underneath (in the gallery) and damaged the center stone's pavilion...just wanted to mention it, as I was crushed that happened, and would never have that open gallery again. Make sure that your diamond band won't reach the pavilion underneath.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a millgrain person, so I’d millgrain it. It’s beautiful, either way, but it will look more “refined” with millgrain. There’s just something more feminine about it.
That all depends on your preference.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can add very fine milgrain to the bezel (near where the bezel meets the diamond), but I think you'd also be wise to add it also to the shank (maybe one row on each side of the shank) to provide some balance. See below by Erika Winters.

upload_2018-6-20_7-30-34.png

In lieu of the shank milgrain, you can add some lines to the shank (ignore the balls).

upload_2018-6-20_7-32-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-20_7-29-31.png
    upload_2018-6-20_7-29-31.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 12

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can add very fine milgrain to the bezel (near where the bezel meets the diamond), but I think you'd also be wise to add it also to the shank (maybe one row on each side of the shank) to provide some balance. See below by Erika Winters.

upload_2018-6-20_7-30-34.png

In lieu of the shank milgrain, you can add some lines to the shank (ignore the balls).

upload_2018-6-20_7-32-9.png

I think it will look more consistent along the bezel (where it meets the stone), and along the shank.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I personally love milgrain! But I agree that if you do it around the bezel, I’d also do it on each side of the shank. It could be very very fine and it would not take away the sleek, modern look you have going on now!

It’s a beautiful set!

tagafabo

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks for all of your input! I will leave it as is. I didn't realize that milgrain is added last. I figure once I get the ring and decide it needs it I can always send it back. Thank you ALL!! I learn so much from this forum!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tagafabo! Do you have a pic of the finished product? :love:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
No milgrain is my vote

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results