shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I add a halo to my cushion e-ring?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicago Girl|1334169636|3168584 said:
Thanks everyone for the comments. I really do appreciate it. I have decided not to change my e-ring. I am concerned that if I did change it, that even though it would give me more finger coverage, I genuinely prefer the look of no halo, at least for my e-ring. I did and still do want something more simple and classic for my e-ring. I just wish more people complimented it IRL! But I love it regardless.

YAY! :appl: I honestly think you made the right decision. You ring is really amazing. Just elegant and perfect as it is. If you don't love halos, don't get one. That's all there is to it.

I see a ring with a halo, I don't think "Wow, that's big!" ... I think, "Oh look, a halo." kwim? =)

Thank you natylad 8)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Halos give such a different look to a ring. My first e-ring is a halo ring but the e-ring I wear is a solitaire. I find a beautiful diamond should not be overwhelmed by a halo which takes away from the diamond.

I guess it is tacky to comment on size of a diamond but I have gotten comments on size of my diamond from friends. I wear a 1.7ct (7.22 mm) diamond on a 2.75 ish finger. Most people just don't comment on your ring as much as you think - there are many times when I want to compliment on someone's ring but I hold back as it is awkward in real life.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1334227715|3169144 said:
Halos give such a different look to a ring. My first e-ring is a halo ring but the e-ring I wear is a solitaire. I find a beautiful diamond should not be overwhelmed by a halo which takes away from the diamond.

I guess it is tacky to comment on size of a diamond but I have gotten comments on size of my diamond from friends. I wear a 1.7ct (7.22 mm) diamond on a 2.75 ish finger. Most people just don't comment on your ring as much as you think - there are many times when I want to compliment on someone's ring but I hold back as it is awkward in real life.

Charmy I think it just depends on your circle and your relationship with your friends. If a close friend of mine got a honker I would call a spade a spade and joke with her about spraining her wrist from the weight. But a 'regular' friend or someone I work with, or an acquaintance? Nope. And strangers? Never. But I have almost killed myself on an escalator in SF trying to get a better look at a HUGE EC on one lady's hand. It was a near thing, death or bling. But bling won. She was oblivious of course. My husband was unimpressed. By me. He didn't make the effort to see the sucker.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results