shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for an engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kudy

Rough_Rock
I was able to get 2 pictures that somewhat display the tarnish effect the ring has on the side:

kudyproblem1.jpg

kudy

Rough_Rock
Same thing, different lighting and angle.

kudyproblem2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 11:57:45 PM
Author: kudy
I was able to get 2 pictures that somewhat display the tarnish effect the ring has on the side:
Oh I see what you are saying. Maybe take it to a local trusted jewelry store and see if they could fix it or send it back. I would actually tell them and send it back. I am sorry.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would send JA the pics. If it''s just a matter of needing dipped, maybe they would pay to have a local jeweler do it so you don''t have to send it off again.

And the ring is just gorgeous! It turned out really nice.
36.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and stone...yes please call JA they will undoubtedly fix this for you...and please please please come back and post in the "show me the ring" with hand shots. I am very interested to know how high this stands up and if it feels like a higher sitting setting....good job!

kudy

Rough_Rock
How much would you estimate it would cost to have a local jeweler do it? I may try to get JA to pay for that, if it''s reasonable.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Kudy, but i agree that a brand new ring shouldn''t look tarnished already. I''m thinking around $50 for a local jeweler to work on it, but tell JA nonetheless.

kudy

Rough_Rock
JA got back to me today, and they are going to fix it for me.

They also offered me $50 to have it done locally, but I think the best option is to send it back to them. Now I just have to make sure that I get it back in time for my planned proposal!

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! You did a great job on the ring. Looks spectacular!

kudy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the support and nice comments everyone, you are helping me stay confident in my purchase :)

I dropped the ring off at FedEx today, and it''s headed back to JA to get re-plated. It is not an easy thing to do, to leave a $2K ring in the hands of a FedEx associate, hoping that nothing goes wrong between here and New York...

Hopefully I''ll have it back, in brand-new condition, by next week.

Thanks again for the support.

kudy

Rough_Rock
The ring is on it''s way back to me today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results