shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for a small-ish center for a cluster halo

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Calling @DejaWiz and @Kim N because you’re both so incredibly helpful! If anyone else wants to join in the hunt, please do so!

Looking for a round, approximately .6ct for a center stone to go in a cluster halo. I prefer a little warmer color since it’ll be set in yellow gold, maybe the F-H range. I’ve perused Ritani and found a few possibilities, but it’s been a long Monday and my brain is mush.

I recently pulled the trigger on a suite of 3 stones but backed out of the project, and glad I did because I’ve switched gears yet again. Inspiration photo is a .42 with 11 point halo stones. I’m a couple sizes bigger so I’m adjusting the proportions based on that.

DCD248BD-4A44-40E2-855B-07C32C1E547E.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
How about one of these?

I love both of these, especially the smaller table on the first one! I’m a sucker for a small table and higher crown. I’m hoping to stay under the $400 mark if possible. Guess that would’ve been helpful to post a budget in my first post. That .65 is stunning though!

Thoughts on this one?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both of these, especially the smaller table on the first one! I’m a sucker for a small table and higher crown. I’m hoping to stay under the $400 mark if possible. Guess that would’ve been helpful to post a budget in my first post. That .65 is stunning though!

Thoughts on this one?

The proportions are great, but it has a bit of an uneven pavilion, which means there may be some leakage.

This one looks more tightly cut:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
The proportions are great, but it has a bit of an uneven pavilion, which means there may be some leakage.

This one looks more tightly cut:

That’s a great option! I’m going to look at all of them on my giant monitor at work tomorrow and hopefully make a decision in the next few days. It’ll be a RHR and a much smaller stone so I’ll be less picky than if it were for an engagement ring.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the prices are typically better on the higher color stones. I see more D and E diamonds at far better prices than a lower H-J range. It’s so strange to me. Any insight?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a great option! I’m going to look at all of them on my giant monitor at work tomorrow and hopefully make a decision in the next few days. It’ll be a RHR and a much smaller stone so I’ll be less picky than if it were for an engagement ring.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the prices are typically better on the higher color stones. I see more D and E diamonds at far better prices than a lower H-J range. It’s so strange to me. Any insight?

Pure speculation, but with labs being so affordable, people don't have to compromise on color and clarity, so there may be more demand for the higher colors, and the suppliers are answering that demand and competing with each other on price.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I requested a video of this one:

Would the 35.5 possibly work with a 40.6?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I requested a video of this one:

Would the 35.5 possibly work with a 40.6?

Yes, absolutely it can. I usually regard a 35.5 CA as a smidge steep for a 40.6 PA, but it's not what I'd say is out of bounds for being too risky. I'd want to see ASET images.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

These are all stunning options, I just really love a little warmth to a stone. If the video for the F comes back as acceptable, I may go with it. The price is pretty amazing but I (meaning you lovely PSers) need to see it before I pull the trigger.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Isn’t there a coupon code that can be used? I saw one over on Reddit but wasn’t sure if it was still valid.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
These are all stunning options, I just really love a little warmth to a stone. If the video for the F comes back as acceptable, I may go with it. The price is pretty amazing but I (meaning you lovely PSers) need to see it before I pull the trigger.

...video is pretty off-center, so I can't confirm my suspicion of a little pavilion twist.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
...video is pretty off-center, so I can't confirm my suspicion of a little pavilion twist.

That .64 didn’t even show up in my search results and I have no clue why! How do you find these wonderful stones? Lol

I’ve been eyeing that .60 all evening though. Hoping to get a video of the F soon so I can narrow my choices down.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the 0.60 a lot! I think the 0.64 does have pavilion twist.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 0.60 a lot! I think the 0.64 does have pavilion twist.

I’m torn between the .62/F and the .60/H. Again, I’ll be looking at both on my big monitor at work tomorrow to decide. The price difference is nominal so it’ll come down to optics.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, the prices on all of the contenders jumped about $40 each overnight. Still waiting on the video for the F.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smidge of twist, based on the dark spots near the base of the arrows.

I like the 0.6 H better out of these two.
If you want to go colorless, then have another look at my previous links.

I agree, I thought about posting this one but in the end didn't because of the slight pavilion unevenness.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I went ahead and got the .60 H since I still haven’t received any imagery on the .62 F. I didn’t wanna miss out on it, so now I wait for confirmation that it’s available. Thank you both for all your help!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here! Faces up very white for an H, at least to my untrained eye. I had it delivered to work since it required a signature so I apologize for the awful photos. I had to hurry before anyone saw me. Haha! Looking forward to getting the setting started! This will be a 40th birthday present to myself, and I told myself if I didn’t get a proposal by the end of 2022 I’d just buy myself something sparkly.
321754C6-870D-4830-A3CE-E92B8ADAACF3.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E4EF2FE-46F8-49DE-9BEB-3AEF173CCFBC.jpeg
    7E4EF2FE-46F8-49DE-9BEB-3AEF173CCFBC.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 9

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It’s here! Faces up very white for an H, at least to my untrained eye. I had it delivered to work since it required a signature so I apologize for the awful photos. I had to hurry before anyone saw me. Haha! Looking forward to getting the setting started! This will be a 40th birthday present to myself, and I told myself if I didn’t get a proposal by the end of 2022 I’d just buy myself something sparkly.
321754C6-870D-4830-A3CE-E92B8ADAACF3.jpeg

Sheesh that is perfect!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Sheesh that is perfect!

Agreed! I’m honestly shocked at how white it is, albeit I’m not color sensitive. I think for my engagement ring I could even go lower, since I prefer a little warmth. David said he might have a hard time sourcing the diamonds for the halo to match in labs, but I’m confident there won’t be a noticeable contrast now that I’ve seen it in person. Thank you for your help, along with @Kim N! The knowledge and assistance you both share is invaluable, and I think everyone on this forum would agree.

Be on the lookout for a CAD post, hopefully soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results