shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping by HCA Option

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

We just noticed what appears to be a new or at least more prominent option on the diamond search capability here on PS and that is the "By HCA Quality" option which seems like a great way to shop for diamonds from vendors who are likely to have the diamonds in their physical inventory as opposed to being in virtual inventory since most of the diamond cutters do not include the measurements for the crown and pavilion angle measurements on the inventory lists which they post to the multiple listing services used by the trade to search for diamonds... It will still be possible for dealers to bluff the possession of virtual AGS diamond graded inventory because the crown and pavilion measurements are listed on those lab reports and a few cutters do list those on their virtual inventory listing, but very few of the cutters post that information for their GIA graded diamonds because the diamonds are often listed for sale before the proportions have been measured. Of course if you want to be sure that the dealer you are working with actually has the diamond you are discussing you can always look for detailed clarity photographs and a proportions analysis beyond what is provided on the AGS diamond grading report.

Hey Leonid, how about one more button? Search Dealers with diamonds on-hand.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

It occurs to me that all a customer has to do is ASK......just like I did.

"Do you have the diamond inhouse?" It's really not that hard. And honestly, as long as they can get the diamond in to personally inspect it (which doesn't happen with drop-shipping), I don't see the problem.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LIKE THIS IDEA!
emthup.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 11:40:30 AM
Author: Rhino
I LIKE THIS IDEA!
emthup.gif

Me too but how about vendors that have both available?

*cough* *cough* you :}

force them to submit 2 lists or what??

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That could be done.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I guess...nothing like a new coat of paint!

Though less sensitive to the "side effect" you''re pointing to...that the diamond''s crown and pavillion angles will be known because the diamond is in house....what you''ve discovered on the new bar called "By HCA Cut Quality" has certainly been here for awhile as the "search by cut quality" function right on the front page, available along with the search function for, more routinely, virtual diamonds.

By the way, where you say: "It will still be possible for dealers to bluff the possession of virtual AGS diamond graded inventory because the crown and pavilion measurements are listed on those lab reports..." though I guess this is possible, the only known use I know of for the display of this information is by Good Old Gold and Superbcert, so I don''t know what''s up with that. (Anybody?) And in both of those cases, I believe they make clear the diamonds are out of house.

Personally, I''m still musing on the options available to me for local vs global shopping. I WILL tell you that within 24 hours, neither Sarin nor OGI has told me where they have local representation, following my e-mail to them.

All the best (from DC!),

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results