shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoot me your best appetizer recipe!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Again, thanks to all of you for taking time out to help me, I appreciate it! I decided to use indy''s stuffing for my shrooms. I got some nice big, bootiful ones. And I''m trying Gayle''s brie in the puff pastry. No fig perserves, so I went with Raspberry, I know the kids will eat that, and I thought it sounded good. Also making cbs''s dip and Amber''s veggie bread thingy.

I''ll let you all know how it goes!
Great! Be sure to read the reviews on Allrecipes... There are some great tips on there! The most helpful was to put the filling in a Ziploc baggy and snip off a corner to squeeze the filling into the mushrooms. No mess that way! Also, the addition of bacon into the filling made it even more yummy. Have fun!

April20

Ideal_Rock
This dip is out of control good. I had to WALK AWAY from it at a party.

Wood Roasted Artichoke Cheese Dip (Courtesy of Amerigo)
1 lb. quartered artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
8 oz. grated Grana Padona Parmesan Cheese
1 lb. high-quality heavy mayonnaise
8 oz. imported swiss cheese, grated

Garnish: 1/4 cup diced scallions, 1/2 cup fine diced tomato

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, blend well. If using an electric mixer, blend on low speed and do no over mix. At Amerigo, we use chips made from our fresh Fococcio bread. Since this is difficult to prepare, you can use any stiff cracker you desire, such as Melba or Triscuit.

To serve, place oven on broil, place desired amount of dip in microwave bowl, heat, stirring occasionally. When hot, place bowl in oven on broil and allow top to brown. (You cannot leave this or it will burn).
Garnish dip with chopped scallions and fine diced tomatoes with desired cracker.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I make this app for every gathering we have at our house. It''s sort of a Caprese salad.

Ingredients:
1. Sliced tomatoes (1/4 inch slices)
2. Sliced fresh mozzarella (1/4 inch slices)
3. 3-4 cloves of garlic
4. Balsamic vinegar (~1/4 cup)
5. Olive oil (~1/2-3/4 cup to taste)
6. Salt & Pepper
7. Spinach

Place tomato slices (1 layer) in a large platter, top with 1 slice of cheese, and 1-2 leaves of spinach.

Put garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into blender/food processor (I use magic bullet, it works great for this), and puree until it''s creamy. Pour dressing over tomatoes and cheese, and serve.

I''ve put approximate measurements for the oil and vinegar, as I add them to taste.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks indy!

April, can you substitute the Pamesan cheese (and have it still taste as good), not sure if I can find that. And thanks, it sounds yummers.

bgirl, that sounds really good, and actually mostly healthy. lol Thanks!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
El, late to the party, (does that mean I need to bring dessert?!!) but a really easy (and unhealthy!) appetizier that I remember from childhood -
Take a whole water chestnut, wrap it with a strip of bacon (tear the full strips of bacon in half or thirds prior to wrapping), fasten with a toothpick. Place in the oven until browned (you can put it in a toaster oven) - makes bite sized easy appetizers that can be prepared ahead of time and popped in when ready.

April20

Ideal_Rock
You can totally sub. It should be fine.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 11:31:04 AM
Author: westjenn
This was a HUGE hit at my holiday party:
Buffalo Chicken dip:

Either 1 large can of Swanson chicken or shredded chicken
1 8 oz bar of cream cheese
1/2 C. Bleu Cheese dressing
1/2 C. Frank''s Red Hot Sauce
1/2 C. crumbled Bleu Cheese

Mix all together, bake in a pan for 20 min at 350 & serve with chips or crackers.
18.gif
Saw this yesterday and couldn''t wait to make it last night....Really good!
36.gif
Just printed out to share with a friend today.

Thank you westjenn!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am making these tonight for our party. Paula Deen usually has great recipes, so I am thinking these will turn out well. You could also sub Little Smokies sausages for chicken!

Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 (1 lb) package sliced bacon
* 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons chili powder

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
3.Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick inserted on the diagonal starting where bacon seam overlaps.
4.Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
5.Coat a rack and broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
6.Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
What about a 70's style hedgehog - cut a melon in half, scoop out the seeds and then make hunners of cocktail sticks each with a pineapple cube, cheese cube and a pickle on the end and then stick them in the melon and voila - a hedgehog!!

If that doesn't float yer boat how about simple and quick:

smoked salmon on blinis with lemon mayonnaise
lime and corriander king prawns on a cocktail stick with a sweet chili sauce dip for some heat

crostini with mozarella, tomato and basil or crostini with garlic mushrooms

small cubes of Spanish tortilla

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Super easy appetizer...

You will need a few sheets of phylo dough
goat cheese
basil (fresh is best)
sun dried tomatoes (to taste) I use about 7 pieces
sea salt
olive oil

unroll about 5 sheets of phylo dough onto a baking sheet, coat with olive oil
add sea salt and tomatoes bake in oven according to package (something like 375) for 10 min. Add crumbled goat cheese and basil and bake another 5-10 min till dough is golden and flaky. Cut into squares with a pizza cutter.

Easy to improvise with...I''m going to spread a little left over vodka sauce on the one I make tonight.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea, thanks for the great idea. About to go get started cooking right now. Here''s our appetizer menu tonight:

Mini hamburgers
Spinach/artichoke dip with tortilla chips and crackers
Garlic and herb cheese spread with crackers
Veggies with homemade ranch dip
Fruit tray
Chocolate covered strawberries
Pomegranate Bellinis

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 11:09:52 AM
Author: cbs102

this is the most amazing onion dip ever...
If it tastes anything like it smells, I''ll be in heaven. I just took it out of the oven and it looks, and smells delish!!
18.gif

April, thanks!

And thanks to all the new recipes, yay!!

Lisa, lol dessert would be good. However, hubby got SEVEN boxes of canndy, so don''t put yourself out!
6.gif
I have a recipe like that, with a sauce that goes on it. Yummy!!

dianne, I bet that was good. I really wanted to make it, but I couldn''t eat it all myself.
39.gif

eq, curious to see what you think of that!!

po, is lemon mayo something one makes themselves?

mayachel, what a really different recipe. I must try that!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby just came home from getting the wings and said we were wimps, someone ordered 700.
6.gif
That''s either a REALLY big party, or a bar.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gayle, indy, cbs, and Amber, everything was a hit!!
36.gif
My oldest really loved the Brie bites, and hubby really liked Ambers bread, though everybody liked and ate everytjhing. cbs, I served your yummy dip on Ritz, and it went quite well with the buttery cracker!
18.gif
I think it could go with a lot of different things, i.e. different crackers (next time I''m going to try wheat thins), veggies (I''m thinking celery might be really good/nice contrast), etc. And though it sounds like a lot of onion, it was really subtle in the end.

Thanks again guys!

And I can''t wait to try the others.
36.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 9:38:38 AM
Author: Ellen
Gayle, indy, cbs, and Amber, everything was a hit!!
36.gif
My oldest really loved the Brie bites, and hubby really liked Ambers bread, though everybody liked and ate everytjhing. cbs, I served your yummy dip on Ritz, and it went quite well with the buttery cracker!
18.gif
I think it could go with a lot of different things, i.e. different crackers (next time I''m going to try wheat thins), veggies (I''m thinking celery might be really good/nice contrast), etc. And though it sounds like a lot of onion, it was really subtle in the end.

Thanks again guys!

And I can''t wait to try the others.
36.gif
Ellen,
I am so glad that you liked it! i also made it for a NYE gathering and my friend was literally eating it with a spoon by the end of the night!!!

you could also try beer bread with it as well..YUM!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 9:19:01 AM
Author: cbs102
Ellen,
I am so glad that you liked it! i also made it for a NYE gathering and my friend was literally eating it with a spoon by the end of the night!!!

you could also try beer bread with it as well..YUM!
lol.gif
Yes, different breads would be good too!
18.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 11:31:04 AM
Author: westjenn
This was a HUGE hit at my holiday party:

Buffalo Chicken dip:

Either 1 large can of Swanson chicken or shredded chicken

1 8 oz bar of cream cheese

1/2 C. Bleu Cheese dressing

1/2 C. Frank''s Red Hot Sauce

1/2 C. crumbled Bleu Cheese

Mix all together, bake in a pan for 20 min at 350 & serve with chips or crackers.
18.gif

I just made this while we''re watching the Sugar Bowl. SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results