shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt Bypass + August Vintage Round = Love

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
This is not a new ring by any means, but I never posted pictures and I haven't seen a lot of people use AVRs in modern settings (nor have I seen anyone with this Sholdt setting on PS).

The AVR is 1.2 ct I color I1 clarity (with a white cloud that is eye-visible if you look close, but not from normal viewing distance). I probably wouldn't have gone I1 for an engagement stone, but this is--as my husband says--my "going out ring."

I fell in love with the Sholdt semi-bezels I saw on PS, and because I live around Seattle I actually went into their workshop/showroom to pick the setting. Kalee was super friendly and helpful, and I ended up deciding on their bypass semi-bezel (in plat) because I found the classic semi-bezel too similar to my engagement ring. The lines and structure are so pretty.

As a total side note, I've always been unimpressed by channel set diamonds on anything. They usually look so clunky to me. But I tried a couple channel bands from Sholdt and they are absolute fluid perfection. If you are going with Sholdt for an ering setting and are considering a channel band, seriously consider Sholdt's (if I remember correctly, it wasn't cheap, but certainly worth it).

Anyway, I love this ring. I love love love the chunkiness of the AV facets with the smooth contemporary flow of the setting.

Obviously, my ring needs a good polishing. Also, the ring is a 6.5.

dsc_0064.jpg
dsc_0061.jpg
dsc_0037_2.jpg
dsc_0039.jpg
dsc_0037_3.jpg dsc_0042.jpg
dsc_0043.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Must... look... away.... I want a Sholdt tooo!!!!

Great ring, thank you for posting!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gah im LOVING sholdt lately and this isnt helping! its stunning

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty and unique!! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just so pretty, I love the graceful lines of the setting, looks really lovely on you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love how it looks asymmetrical from the sides but symmetrical from the top down!

Hooray!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I live in Seattle too and got my ring directly from Kalee's workshop as well. I tried on a bunch but ultimately decided on their very popular semi-bezel. I love your ring though! It looks huge on your finger!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
One thing to note about the Sholdt channel bands - I think they normally don't drill through the band (unless asked?) so it's a little harder to clean the stones. That said, I also tried on a channel bad while I was there and loved it!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful ring! Hoping to see it at the next Seattle gtg!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Okay- I flipping love this!!!! I so want an AVR set in either this setting or a Gelin Abaci Tension setting. It has been on my wish list for two years. If I ever have the budget for it I will get a nice 1ct AVR set like this. I would alternate that with my ering I guess. I love the mix of vintage with modern :love: :love: :love:

I have the Sholdt semi bezel and am absolutely crazy in love with it. Please add your ring to the Sholdt thread. Us Sholdt Fans need to keep the eye candy going :))
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-sholdt-thread.175520/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-sholdt-thread.175520/[/URL]

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

SB621- I'm pretty fanatical about symmetry, so it's almost weird that I chose this. But you're right and it has that mirror image thing going so it doesn't bother me.

Sortmon- I totally would have gone with your setting. It's still one of my very favorites and if I were to go back in time it might have been my ering (had I seen it before mine). This works really well as a RHR when I want to double up on diamonds.

Isn't the shop cool? It was such a neat experience to be there. And you must be right about the bands. I guess I hadn't noticed but that must be how they get the settings so thin. Hm. I would certainly want to be able to clean them well (like any PSer). I suppose when I have the budget for a band I'll have to find out for sure.

YT- Is there a GTG in the works? I'll totally come. :D

Woofmama- Those tension settings are so cool! They make me so nervous though. I'd hate to lose a stone this big or randomly knock it :o (although I'm sure they are engineered to be sturdy.... still...). While not as open as a tension, I still like how the lines of the structure work.

dsc_0038.jpg

I also love the modern/vintage mix. I know that some folks might not like a vintage cut stone being set this way. If it were a true vintage stone, I probably wouldn't have chosen Sholdt. But the cutting is so precise that I see it as a modern stone, too. And the AVR is such a stunner--it can kind of work with anything, I think.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! That setting really highlights the stone!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous :love: :appl: such a fluid setting!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! :love: Very fluid and graceful.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I just had to look again :naughty: Yum, Yum, Yum :lickout: I love it!!!
Is that your ering in your avatar? James Meyer? Love it too!

I know the tension settings look dangerous, but I trust that they're safe. Finally saw the Gelin Abaci line at a Chicago Jeweler, they are beyond cool :sun: If I'm lucky enough to get an AVR it will be hard to chose between the Sholdt you chose or the tension.
I really love your new ring :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I adore AVRs and this setting shows yours off so beautifully!! :appl:

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
Woofmama - You're too sweet! Yes, my avatar/ering is James Meyer. I'm definitely a bezel girl. I was lucky--he set my BGD stone before he stopped taking customer stones altogether.

When you get your AVR, just know that my ring would be happy to have a twin. :D

Alene & Roxy -Thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic setting choice - I am really enjoying seeing more and more of the Sholdt settings! So well made and fluid in their designs. Beautiful diamond, too!!

I can see why you love it! Enjoy :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous swoopy setting! I love the juxtaposition of the modern setting with the old cuts. They play quite well together!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results