shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes with maxi dress???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I found the cutest maxi dress, and have NO idea what kind of shoes to wear with it. I have never worn one before, and I''m going to wear it to my first wedding shower! Here''s the dress for reference. Sorry, I couldn''t save a picture of it for some reason.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=64328&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1609885&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=50434|50444|63883&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=3&CmCatId=50434|50444|63883|64328

Would I wear black strappy, flat sandals? I don''t like the ones the model is wearing. Low strappy heels?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d wear it with some shorter heels. But I wouldn''t do black, probably some color thats in the dress since it''s got quite a few colors in it. Way cute dress! What kind of budget are you wanting to stay in for the shoes?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think you could do black, or a color from the dress as Freke suggested, or even a cute nude/light brown. Whatever you do, I''d keep the heels pretty low. I think an espadrille or a gladiator sandle could be cute - depends on how long the dress is on you - maxi dresses have to hit at the right place (i.e. right at the ankle - not grazing the floor or too high) to look right.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mules, kitten heels. Wedges. Strappy mid heel. Sling, kitten heel. Basically nothing "high" or full shoe.

cheers--Sharon

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I''m not digging the gladiator sandals. I was thinking of some of those new jeweled ones that are flat. I like Freke''s idea of not doing black...hmmmm...I must ponder more.

Budget: not too much, under 100
Size: 7

Gracias chicas!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Needs to be open like Sharon said... I'd do flip-flops in one of the dress's colors OR pink or orange. Gladiator sandals.

Here are some good options:

Gladiators

Silver sandals (I think these would be pretty perfect)

Havaiana flip flops

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable dress! I actually love the sandals the model is wearing with it!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is very pretty and I also like the sandals that the model is wearing.

Very cute

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls!

I went to DSW this morning and bought some that are very similar to the ones the model was wearing. Don''t know why I didn''t like them in the photo, but they are really cute on!
They are a pewter color and were cheap! Score for Lanie!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Pics?
31.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awesome find - those sound adorable, and like they will go perfectly with the dress
1.gif
Ditto Freke - I think we need some pics
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Gotta love DSW
and even more now that you can order online.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Well I bought another pair. They are pewter in color and have a jewel in the center strap. They were cheap as well, so I''m just trying to decide what to wear...I''ll post pics after the shower!

I just have to say that I feel so Miami Vice in this dress. Like I''m a rich wife of a Colombian drug lord (but I don''t know it...he tells me he''s in the flower business or something) and I just spend my days in my sexy maxi dress sipping Mai-Tais by the pool and at the nail salon. I LOVE it! Everyone should get one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results