Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes with maxi dress???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I found the cutest maxi dress, and have NO idea what kind of shoes to wear with it. I have never worn one before, and I''m going to wear it to my first wedding shower! Here''s the dress for reference. Sorry, I couldn''t save a picture of it for some reason.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=64328&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1609885&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=50434|50444|63883&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=3&CmCatId=50434|50444|63883|64328

Would I wear black strappy, flat sandals? I don''t like the ones the model is wearing. Low strappy heels?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d wear it with some shorter heels. But I wouldn''t do black, probably some color thats in the dress since it''s got quite a few colors in it. Way cute dress! What kind of budget are you wanting to stay in for the shoes?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think you could do black, or a color from the dress as Freke suggested, or even a cute nude/light brown. Whatever you do, I''d keep the heels pretty low. I think an espadrille or a gladiator sandle could be cute - depends on how long the dress is on you - maxi dresses have to hit at the right place (i.e. right at the ankle - not grazing the floor or too high) to look right.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mules, kitten heels. Wedges. Strappy mid heel. Sling, kitten heel. Basically nothing "high" or full shoe.

cheers--Sharon

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I''m not digging the gladiator sandals. I was thinking of some of those new jeweled ones that are flat. I like Freke''s idea of not doing black...hmmmm...I must ponder more.

Budget: not too much, under 100
Size: 7

Gracias chicas!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable dress! I actually love the sandals the model is wearing with it!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is very pretty and I also like the sandals that the model is wearing.

Very cute

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls!

I went to DSW this morning and bought some that are very similar to the ones the model was wearing. Don''t know why I didn''t like them in the photo, but they are really cute on!
They are a pewter color and were cheap! Score for Lanie!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Pics?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awesome find - those sound adorable, and like they will go perfectly with the dress
Ditto Freke - I think we need some pics

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Gotta love DSW
and even more now that you can order online.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Well I bought another pair. They are pewter in color and have a jewel in the center strap. They were cheap as well, so I''m just trying to decide what to wear...I''ll post pics after the shower!

I just have to say that I feel so Miami Vice in this dress. Like I''m a rich wife of a Colombian drug lord (but I don''t know it...he tells me he''s in the flower business or something) and I just spend my days in my sexy maxi dress sipping Mai-Tais by the pool and at the nail salon. I LOVE it! Everyone should get one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.