shape
carat
color
clarity

Shipping item >$25k - Options Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
Pending a successful appraisal, I will be shipping my stone to Leon for setting. Other than USPS snail mail, what shipping options are there? Could I use Leon''s insurance to ship to him? Has anyone done this? From searching on PS I know that Brinks is an option. How long will that take (From CA to NY) and cost?

TIA

about2begin

Shiny_Rock
I used registered/insured USPS -- philly to NY took 2 days and cost ~$34

about2begin

Shiny_Rock
Also, if you''re waiting 4-6 weeks for Leon, what''s the rush, right? That''s what I figured...

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
It is not necessarily the time but the insurance. USPS only insures for a maximum of $25K which is less than the cost of my stone.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 5:19:04 PM
Author: geoffreysnow
According to Leon:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/start/policies/shipping.php

''Items of higher value than $50,000 must be shipped via Brinks, Malka-Amit of by courier.''

''Any order under $50,000 value, regardless of exact value is recommended to be shipped FedEx Priority Overnight or UPS Priority overnight.''

So it sounds like over 25k but less than 50k he prefers overnight Fed Ex or UPS.

The problem with that is that neither FedEx nor UPS will insure your stone for you. Only vendor accounts have access to that type of insurance. So I would contact Leon and see how to proceed. Maybe he lets clients use a vendor account?

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 5:20:56 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 4/2/2009 5:19:04 PM

Author: geoffreysnow

According to Leon:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/start/policies/shipping.php

''Items of higher value than $50,000 must be shipped via Brinks, Malka-Amit of by courier.''

''Any order under $50,000 value, regardless of exact value is recommended to be shipped FedEx Priority Overnight or UPS Priority overnight.''

So it sounds like over 25k but less than 50k he prefers overnight Fed Ex or UPS.

The problem with that is that neither FedEx nor UPS will insure your stone for you. Only vendor accounts have access to that type of insurance. So I would contact Leon and see how to proceed. Maybe he lets clients use a vendor account?

Yep, I realized that, that''s why I edited my post above
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results