shape
carat
color
clarity

She wants me to pick it out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevin_2007

Rough_Rock
Greetings,
I''m glad I found this site!
I''m looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and I''m so nervous. I was hoping that we would pick it out together, but she hinted that she would like me to pick it out. A few months ago a friend of mine gave her the Stuller catalog. I asked her to go though the book and circle a few that she liked. I was really surprised that she picked this one as her favorite.
http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=c54ce81f-0d55-42ab-9463-c82e55493880&cid=040eae6f-6326-4771-ad37-ec78eacacce7
(item 62288 at http://www.stuller.com )
Can anyone comment on the quality of this one, or recommend something similar from another designer.

I''ve been looking for this one online to check prices and I haven''t had much luck. Any idea where I might find this setting? I''d really like to look at it person before purchasing but I''m not sure if this will be possible. Would you go with platinum or White 14K on a setting like this?
Thank you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that's what she want, then get it. Stuller settings are not bad at all. It looks like she likes scrollwork and an antique feel. The setting she picked looks very busy. As for the price, any local jeweller has the "in's" and will be able to quote you the price.

1. What is your budget for the setting?
2. What is the budget for the ring?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOG and Whiteflash should be able to qoute you on that setting.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That''s my kind of style, too. Depending upon your budget, I''d go with white gold over platinum and put the extra $ towards a nice stone. The white gold will be a lot less expensive and it stays shiny and bright. For that type of a setting, I''d want as bright as possible so you can see the detailed metal work.

Good Luck!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results