shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes!!

donblaximus

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone here on the pricescope forums for helping me find the perfect ring for my fiance. It took me 4 months of long research but it was well worth it. She absolutely loves it.
I bought her this ring set on a plain knife edge 6 prong platinum setting and told her she could change/design the setting however she would like but she loves it the way it is.

Long story short, we rented a house on the North Shore of Oahu (where I am from originally) this summer (Sunset beach) for a few days. We stayed in the place with 2 other couples, in which the girls are her best friends.
I taught her how to surf, paddle board, and snorkel. It was the trip of a lifetime. On day 2, we went for a walk on the beach (I timed it to be close to sunset) and popped the question there. It was exactly how I wanted it.....no big production, no crazy stunts, just me and her and good conversation. She said yes, and ran back to tell her friends. It was crazy, her friends were so excited I think they all were going to cry at one point. No one knew I was going to do this. She had no clue I was looking for the ring. I had my mom eyeball her hand and approximate her ring size.....she was dead on. We celebrated by polishing off a bottle of Johnny Walker blue label while the sunset with Jack Johnson playing in the background. It was a perfect day.

Here is a shot taken shortly after by her best friend's husband at sunset.

My fiance would like to thank you guys for all the help from the bottom of her heart! I could not have found the ring of her dreams without you.

Here is the pic of the ring on her hand.
GIA 2.31 solitaire
H, VS2, triple EX

Video on youtube! :)

http://youtu.be/RZMJ9Ig6qXQ

IMG_1513 (2).jpg

WP_000008 (2).jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a spectacular scene for a proposal! That picture could win an award! Your ring is really gorgeous and perfect!!! :love: :love: :love: No wonder she doesn't want to change the setting, it is perfect, too! :appl: You did a great job! People will want to know her ring size and the brand of the setting if you'd like to add that.

donblaximus

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1324931140|3088801 said:
Wow, what a spectacular scene for a proposal! That picture could win an award! Your ring is really gorgeous and perfect!!! :love: :love: :love: No wonder she doesn't want to change the setting, it is perfect, too! :appl: You did a great job! People will want to know her ring size and the brand of the setting if you'd like to add that.

Thank you diamondseeker for the kind words. I was thrilled that picture came out so great as well. The guy that took it is an avid photographer however he was a few shots of tequila down when he took it as he was not expecting this impromptu photo session :)
We are going to use it as our reception photo for our wedding.

Here is the other info:

ring size - 7
setting - I got the setting from James Allen and it was the Tiffany inspired knife edge with 6 prongs. I wanted to keep it as clean and simple as possible and I was thrilled she liked it and didn't want to change.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story...and an absolutely yummy ring! Gorgeous diamond and the perfect setting to showcase it. Congratulations and enjoy cloud nine for a while. It's such an exciting time!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a gorgeous ring!! congrats!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just perfect - every detail - the trip, the timing, the ring, the photo shoot!!! Congratulations!

Gorgeous setting and stone - you did WELL! :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and story! Love Jack Johnson background music. Congratulations.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats- you did a fantastic job!!

donblaximus

Rough_Rock
If that is the ring in your avatar, it is stunning. They really did do a good job on the setting as after I asked her, we went to jewelery stores and I compared it to the quality of other settings and I have nothing to complain about. The fit and finish is great. A lot of times, I see the "pronged settings" to have bulky and unclean edges. James Allen setting really was a great value!

Thanks again to all for the kind words :razz:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Perfect perfect perfect! Congratulations!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring you gave her! Well done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. The ring is gorgeous.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like such a perfect proposal. Congratulations! BTW it's a gorgeous ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is just gorgeous - beautiful, classic and big! I think DeBeers may want to buy the copyright to that picture - it is just awesome!

Congratulations on your engagement and on finding such a beautiful ring - I'm sure she is just thrilled!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is absolutely stunning, and your pictures are fantastic! Congratulations to you both!! :appl: :appl:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! You did good! :)

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you both, the ring is beautiful, perfect size diamond, perfect setting. You did a great job and I am not surprised she doesn't want to change the setting, it's the dream ring of almost every girl :wavey:

donblaximus

Rough_Rock
Monnyjay|1324960818|3089057 said:
Congratulations to you both, the ring is beautiful, perfect size diamond, perfect setting. You did a great job and I am not surprised she doesn't want to change the setting, it's the dream ring of almost every girl :wavey:

Thanks for all of your replies and kind words. It makes my 4 months of time worth it! I appreciate the "perfect size" comment. I had a chance to buy a stunning 3.6C diamond with very good numbers at a pretty darn good deal but I passed on it due to the size. We are both fairly young so I wanted the ring to have a presence while still being humble. I think she would feel uncomfortable with any ring over 3 carats but what do I know? :geek:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and a wonderful proposal story, congrats!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
it was a gorgeous size on her~!! Wonderful..

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
The e-ring is just...gorgeous: you did a great job!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!
Gorgeous ring!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Monnyjay|1324960818|3089057 said:

I couldn't have said it better myself! Congratulations!!! I am also Loving the picture!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!! The ring is *gorgeous* and I love that first silhouettes pic :appl: :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement :appl: You did a great job on the ring and the diamond is stunning :love: :love: :love: Please share some more pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results